trouble running an expect script in cron versus command line
Author Message
 trouble running an expect script in cron versus command line

I am trying to run a cronjob which dials into an ftp site and mget's
files.

When I run it at the command line (./), it works fine, but when I put
the script as part of a cronjob, it just hangs (I see the process
still running if I do a ps -ef) ?

Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:45:02 GMT
 trouble running an expect script in cron versus command line

Quote:

>I am trying to run a cronjob which dials into an ftp site and mget's
>files.

>When I run it at the command line (./), it works fine, but when I put
>the script as part of a cronjob, it just hangs (I see the process
>still running if I do a ps -ef) ?

Have you read <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/cron >, and especially the
passages in <URL: http://expect.nist.gov/FAQ.html > which mention
cron, and taken the steps mentioned in those places?
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net

Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:40:07 GMT

1. trouble running an Expect script from cron

2. Running expect scripts from cron..?

3. expect: problems running script from CRON

4. EXPECT: works from command line but not from cron

5. Problems running expect script in the background/from cron

6. Running EXPECT script through cron

7. problem running expect script via cron

8. cannot run expect script under cron

9. how do I run a script with a command line

10. running tcl script from command line

11. running unix commands from insdie expect script

12. Trouble running SybTcl from cron