Pb with exec under NT
Author Message
 Pb with exec under NT

Hello Tcl world,

I am currently porting a Tcl application developped under Solaris to NT.

The problem I got is the following : the kind of command :
exec md foo
in a Tcl script says that he cant find the md command. When I read the
doc, I discover that exec generates a subprocess, and I dont have a clue
how does NT handles that.

It looks like an easy problem, but I already lost two days on that !
Does anybody have any idea  about that ?

Thank you

Jose

PS : can you reply in my personnal address :

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Pb with exec under NT

Quote:

> Hello Tcl world,

> I am currently porting a Tcl application developped under Solaris to NT.

> The problem I got is the following : the kind of command :
> exec md foo
> in a Tcl script says that he cant find the md command. When I read the
> doc, I discover that exec generates a subprocess, and I dont have a clue
> how does NT handles that.

> It looks like an easy problem, but I already lost two days on that !
> Does anybody have any idea  about that ?

See http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.tcl/fmm.html#exec. :)
Basically, you probably want:

    exec cmd.exe md foo

instead.  Note that you do _not_ want:

    exec "cmd.exe md foo"

Hope that helps. :)

     - Eric

--
----=--=-=-==-===-=====//=====\\=====-===-==-=-=--=----------------- <>< -
"God is real, unless  // Name: \\ Eric Galluzzo | Software Engineer | SDRC

                    // SDRC WWW: \\ http://www.sdrc.com/
    -- Unknown     // http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/5567/
--=-=-==-===-=====//===============\\=====-===-==-=-=--=------------ <>< -

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. using exec in windows nt exec on tcl scripts

2. Pb with Gawk on NT

3. PB/DLL's and Windows NT

4. Pb with validate option on NT

5. Alt-Gr pb with Win41b3 under NT

6. PB 3.2.PB/Vision 2.0 Timerinstallcode.Shared Arrays

7. MX Lookup with PB/CC or PB/DLL

8. TCPADDR for PB/DLL & PB/CC

9. Info on new PB/CC and PB/DLL

10. Announcing the JazzAge COM Wizard for PB/DLL and PB/CC

11. animated characters, speech input/output in PB/DLL and PB/CC

12. email enable PB/DLL-PB/CC using Outlook