How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?
Author Message
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?

Hi,
how can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget.
Another problem: canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red } dosn't works.
A Windows problem?
By

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?

Quote:
> Hi,
> how can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget.
> Another problem: canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red } dosn't works.
> A Windows problem?
> By

Hi Michael,

canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red }

doesn't work, but

canvas .c
..
.c config -cursor { gumby blue red }

does.

Best regards

Ulrich

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?

"Ulrich Sch?bel" schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi Michael,

> canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red }

> doesn't work, but

> canvas .c
> ..
> .c config -cursor { gumby blue red }

> does.

> Best regards

> Ulrich

Thank you for your answer,
Sorry,  it does'nt.

I get the message:
bad cursor spec "gumby blue red"
..
invoked from within
.c config -cursor { gumby red blue }

By Michael

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?

Quote:

> Thank you for your answer,
> Sorry,  it does'nt.

> I get the message:
> bad cursor spec "gumby blue red"
> ..
> invoked from within
> .c config -cursor { gumby red blue }

> By Michael

Hi Michael,

appears to be a Windoze problem.

On my Linux box (2.0.38) with tck/tk 8.0.5 it works.

Best regards

Ulrich

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?
Quote:
> Hi Michael,

> appears to be a Windoze problem.

> On my Linux box (2.0.38) with tck/tk 8.0.5 it works.

> Best regards

> Ulrich

I just tried it on Linux 2.0.33 and tcl/tk 8.0.5, 8.2.3 and 8.3.

It works perfectly.

Ulrich

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?
You are right. On my Linux it works also fine.
Regards Michael

"Ulrich Sch?bel" schrieb:

Quote:
> > Hi Michael,

> > appears to be a Windoze problem.

> > On my Linux box (2.0.38) with tck/tk 8.0.5 it works.

> > Best regards

> > Ulrich

> I just tried it on Linux 2.0.33 and tcl/tk 8.0.5, 8.2.3 and 8.3.

> It works perfectly.

> Ulrich

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?
You are right. On my Linux it works also fine.
Regards Michael

"Ulrich Sch?bel" schrieb:

Quote:
> > Hi Michael,

> > appears to be a Windoze problem.

> > On my Linux box (2.0.38) with tck/tk 8.0.5 it works.

> > Best regards

> > Ulrich

> I just tried it on Linux 2.0.33 and tcl/tk 8.0.5, 8.2.3 and 8.3.

> It works perfectly.

> Ulrich

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?

Quote:

> Hi,
> how can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget.
> Another problem: canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red } dosn't works.
> A Windows problem?
> By

Following the thread, has anybody answered the _first_ question?
I stumbled about this very topic recently. My first intention was
to set the cursor to an empty bitmap. Well, as the Tk_GetCursor routine
does not accept literal bitmap descriptions (as the image create command
does),
I actually had to create a _file_ with this empty bitmap and use that.
Talk about cluttering the file system.
I'd be happy to hear about a more straightforward solution, but this
cludge works for me.

Live!
        Stefan.

BTW: We're talking about SuSE-Linux and wish8.0 here.

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?

Quote:

> > Hi,
> > how can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget.
> > Another problem: canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red } dosn't works.
> > A Windows problem?
> > By

> Following the thread, has anybody answered the _first_ question? I stumbled about this very topic recently. My first intention was to set the cursor to an empty bitmap. Well, as the Tk_GetCursor routine does not accept literal bitmap descriptions (as the image create command does), I actually had to create a _file_ with this empty bitmap and use that.
> Talk about cluttering the file system. I'd be happy to hear about a more straightforward solution, but this cludge works for me.

> Live!
>         Stefan.

> BTW: We're talking about SuSE-Linux and wish8.0 here.

I'm waiting for answers as well :-)

And since I'm using Windows, Stefan's solution doesn't work for me.

There must be a solution?

Christian

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?
Hi,
there could be a solution ...
In 8.3 is a new event generate option: -warp
My idea is to warp the pointer to widget outside the screen.
But my problem is that I can't find out how it really works.
Some idea?
Regards Michael

Christian Heide Damm schrieb:

Quote:

> > > Hi,
> > > how can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget.
> > > Another problem: canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red } dosn't works.
> > > A Windows problem?
> > > By

> > Following the thread, has anybody answered the _first_ question? I stumbled about this very topic recently. My first intention was to set the cursor to an empty bitmap. Well, as the Tk_GetCursor routine does not accept literal bitmap descriptions (as the image create command does), I actually had to create a _file_ with this empty bitmap and use that.
> > Talk about cluttering the file system. I'd be happy to hear about a more straightforward solution, but this cludge works for me.

> > Live!
> >         Stefan.

> > BTW: We're talking about SuSE-Linux and wish8.0 here.

> I'm waiting for answers as well :-)

> And since I'm using Windows, Stefan's solution doesn't work for me.

> There must be a solution?

> Christian

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget?
Hi,
there could be a solution ...
In 8.3 is a new event generate option: -warp
My idea is to warp the pointer to widget outside the screen.
But my problem is that I can't find out how it really works.
Some idea?
Regards Michael

Christian Heide Damm schrieb:

Quote:

> > > Hi,
> > > how can I hide the cursor in the canvas-widget.
> > > Another problem: canvas config -cursor { gumby blue red } dosn't works.
> > > A Windows problem?
> > > By

> > Following the thread, has anybody answered the _first_ question? I stumbled about this very topic recently. My first intention was to set the cursor to an empty bitmap. Well, as the Tk_GetCursor routine does not accept literal bitmap descriptions (as the image create command does), I actually had to create a _file_ with this empty bitmap and use that.
> > Talk about cluttering the file system. I'd be happy to hear about a more straightforward solution, but this cludge works for me.

> > Live!
> >         Stefan.

> > BTW: We're talking about SuSE-Linux and wish8.0 here.

> I'm waiting for answers as well :-)

> And since I'm using Windows, Stefan's solution doesn't work for me.

> There must be a solution?

> Christian

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. hiding a portion of a canvas widget?

2. Insertion cursor for Canvas widget?

3. Canvases that hide other canvases

4. Hide the cursor

5. how to hide mouse cursor for labview linux

6. Hiding cursor in console (HLA)

7. Hiding and moving text cursor!

8. Hiding the cursor

9. Hiding the cursor

10. Q: 80x50 text-mode and hiding the cursor

11. Microfocus Cobol : hiding the cursor

12. Hiding cursor in NextenetPlayer or Cortona?