Adjustable window height/width using placer?
Author Message
 Adjustable window height/width using placer?

I am wondering if it is possible to adjust the height and width settings of
a widget (in my case a frame) that uses the place geometry manager *without*
using -relheight or -relwidth.  My problem is that I am trying to put a frame
with a raised border inside of another frame.  The raised frame has to be
placed with a y offset (calculated at the time of placemant).  I need the
raised frame to occupy the entire width of its container as well as all of the
vertical space below the point of placement.  However, using the -relheight 1.0
option to place, the bottom border of my raised frame is not displayed (because
-relheight 1.0 causes the raised frame to have the same y dimension as its
container, and there is no room to display this).  Using a fractional relheight
is no good, because then, when I resize the main window I see part of the frame
containing my raised frame.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?  I could probably
calculate the proper height every time the window is resized, but I don't know
what command to bind such a calculation to.

Thanks for the help!

Ernie Pistor

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Adjustable window height/width using placer?

Quote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?  I could probably
> calculate the proper height every time the window is resized, but I
> don't know what command to bind such a calculation to.

The <Configure>-event would be the right place.

--
Sincerely,

                        <http://www.westend.com/~kupries/>

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows/Unix discrepancy, Toplevel -width/-height/-menu

2. HOW: window width/height before packing

3. Width/height of scroll bar in listbox

4. Printing User Defined Paper Width and Height

5. Determining Width and Height of Image

6. Toolbar height and width

7. Widths and Heights in ImageBlobs

8. Resizing a cluster (height and width) programatically

9. Calculating Height and Width of Text String in 6.1

10. Logo Comenius - Height and Width

11. How do I resize a group of Like Objects to have identical Height/Width

12. WIDTH and HEIGHT in the EMBED tag