Color of Topmost Widget???
Author Message
 Color of Topmost Widget???

When I create a new Tcl/Tk application the default color of my
Topmost widget (.) is some type of Peach.  I want to block this
color out.  I tried writing a simple script to open a window,
and place a canvas widget over the top of the Topmost widget (.)
to give the canvas a -bg color different than this Peach.  It
covers most of the window except maybe a 2 pixel border of this
Peach!

Can I change the background color of the Topmost widget so that
I only see the color I want instead of this Peach?  Can I completely
cover the Topmost widget with a canvas?  My attempt does not complete-
ly cover!  :-(  I am running Tcl 7.4b3 and Tk4.0b3 on an SGI INDY
running IRIX 5.3.

Here is my simple code:

        #!/usr/local/bin/wish -f

        set palegray #c1c1c1

        canvas .top -bg $palegray -height 250 -width 300
        pack .top -side top -fill both

I can't get rid of that blasted Peach border!!!!!!

Thanks for any help!

~

Tue, 11 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. VisualWorks 3.0 - widget background colors

2. COLOR SETTINGS WITHIN TABLE WIDGET

3. Items in different color in list widget

4. Items in different color in list widget

5. Ruby/GTK: changing color of a widget

6. Gtk widget color

7. Looking for a tree widget with control of text color

8. handle color in text widget

9. how to change foreground color of text in text widget

10. text widget: select color on text with background

11. lmargin and background-color in text-widget

12. color mapping for widgets