Frame in Toplevel
Author Message
 Frame in Toplevel

Hello Everyone,

Can I pack a frame inside a Toplevel window? I can't get this
code to work.

toplevel .tops
frame .frm
pack .frm -in .tops

It shows an error "can't pack .frm in .tops"

I have used grid command also and got the same result.
Thanking You,
Binny V A
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 20 Jun 2007 02:53:40 GMT
 Frame in Toplevel

Quote:
> Hello Everyone,

> Can I pack a frame inside a Toplevel window? I can't get this
> code to work.

> toplevel .tops
> frame .frm
> pack .frm -in .tops

> It shows an error "can't pack .frm in .tops"

Sure you can, but the frame must first be a child of the *correct* toplevel
window.  Try this:

toplevel .tops
frame .tops.frm
pack .tops.frm

Notice, that in this simple case, you don't even need the "-in" argument...

Jeff

Wed, 20 Jun 2007 03:11:20 GMT

1. container frame w/toplevel problems (win98)

2. -visual option for frame and toplevel widgets

3. How do I pack things in a frame in a toplevel frame

4. frame files in a toplevel file

5. toplevel & embedded frame geometry

6. Creating toplevel window frame with titlebar only

7. toplevel with window frame only

8. (EVAL-WHEN (:COMPILE-TOPLEVEL :LOAD-TOPLEVEL :EXECUTE)

9. toplevel in another toplevel as virtual root

10. Toplevel -container / Toplevel -use does not work ??

11. Killing child toplevel of paent toplevel

12. links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame