XF: Anyone else having problems with tearoff menus ??
Author Message
 XF: Anyone else having problems with tearoff menus ??

Our system administrator recently downloaded and applied a patch that
supposedly makes XF 2.3.3 Tk 4.x compatible.

The patched version of XF supports tearoff menus ... (there is a tearoff
checkbutton on the MENU parameters page).  I've used the option to create
applications with tearoff menus in them; the menus seem to function properly,
and XF allows me to save an application containing tearoff menus without
complaining.

But when I try to LOAD an application that contains a tearoff menu, XF
publishes the following error message:

  "bad menu type "tearoff": must be
  cascade, checkbutton, command,
  radiobutton, or separator"

To make sure I wasn't outsmarting myself, I tried the simplest test case
I could think of ...
 - brought up a new (empty) window
 - added a menubutton
 - went directly to the parameters page for this menubutton's menu
 - set the tearoff option, and added a single menu command (a checkbutton)
 - saved the file (main.tcl)
 - reloaded the file.

Got the "bad menu entry" error message upon attempting to re-load the file.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Ken Lancaster
Boulder, CO  (USA)

Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Menu binding only works on tearoff menu?

2. tk4.x tearoff menu problem on UNIX

3. Problem with tearoff menu labels.

4. Tearoff menu title problem

5. Unposting tearoff menus under win32...

6. Tkinter Menu tearoff

7. menu -tearoff appearance with multiple columns

8. Tearoff menu parent/children

9. TIP #161: Change Default for Menu's -tearoff Option to False

10. TK cascaded menus not functioning on a tearoff

11. Tearoff menus

12. tearoff menu scroll