European Tcl/Tk User Meeting
Author Message
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Hello,

as I already said I'm not able to organize a third european Tcl/Tk user
meeting. Nobody stepped in so  far, but I asked last year, whether it is
possible to have this event at the LinuxTag (this year in Karlsruhe).

If anybody is interested in organizing a subevent there, please contact
me ASAP.

Bye, Carsten

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:39:24 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

> Hello,

> as I already said I'm not able to organize a third european Tcl/Tk user
> meeting. Nobody stepped in so  far, but I asked last year, whether it is
> possible to have this event at the LinuxTag (this year in Karlsruhe).

> If anybody is interested in organizing a subevent there, please contact
> me ASAP.

> Bye, Carsten

Hello Carsten,

I was going to ask you about this: the mailings last year stopped,
but my impression was that Andrej Vckovski was quite willing to
do it. (I am not able to put that much time, unfortunately, but I
am willing to help in any way feasible. For instance: another
presentation? The reason I can not put in that much time is simple
- it would be spare time and that is rare when you have three small
kids like I have :-)

Regards,

Arjen

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:09:45 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

> I was going to ask you about this: the mailings last year stopped,
> but my impression was that Andrej Vckovski was quite willing to do
> it. (I am not able to put that much time, unfortunately, but I am
> willing to help in any way feasible. For instance: another
> presentation? The reason I can not put in that much time is simple -
> it would be spare time and that is rare when you have three small
> kids like I have :-)

If nothing else better comes up, here's my offer:

        Since the real value of these things is to get together and
        talk, I propose a couple of days in Venice.  I don't have any
        space I can offer, of course;-) However, talking about Tcl in
        Piazza San Marco would certainly have some character to it,
        no?  Followed by pizza in one of the 'calli', off the beaten
        path.  And of course, this location is definitely something
        that would make the trip worthwhile for families/spouses.

Or, more realistically, although not all that likely would be the idea
of coordinating something with
'webbit2002'. http://www.webbit2001.org/ is the site for last year's
event.  I gave a talk about mod_dtcl there, last year, which went over
reasonably well.  It's professionally organized, has a nice internet
link, and had a lot of companies there.  Having some sort of Tcl
sideshow might be feasible.

However, I'm out for August, I will be travelling back home to the
states.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:41:04 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

> Hello,

> as I already said I'm not able to organize a third european Tcl/Tk user
> meeting. Nobody stepped in so  far, but I asked last year, whether it is
> possible to have this event at the LinuxTag (this year in Karlsruhe).

> If anybody is interested in organizing a subevent there, please contact
> me ASAP.

> Bye, Carsten

Hello,

  I got the message that Siemens will organice the
  next meeting, If this is not right LinuxTag will be
  the best choice

  pro LinuxTag:

  1) there is allready a large congress (~20.000) people
  2) there is a very good exhibition
  3) food and rooms will be organized by default
  4) Tcl as community can organice a public area
     on the exhibition
  5) there is a very good non Tcl program too

  If Siemens is not available we should start
  to organize a LinuxTag team.

    ==> and get some sponsors

  any other ideas ?

mfg

  aotto :)

(C) Compiler-Factory, Dipl.-Ing Andreas Otto, Business Solutions

C, C++, Java, Tcl, Perl, HTML, DB, Sql, Shell, M4, GUI, Package

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:01:37 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

> Hello,

> as I already said I'm not able to organize a third european Tcl/Tk user
> meeting. Nobody stepped in so  far, but I asked last year, whether it is
> possible to have this event at the LinuxTag (this year in Karlsruhe).

> If anybody is interested in organizing a subevent there, please contact
> me ASAP.

> Bye, Carsten

I offered to organize the event in Munich, but may be, that the fee is
not so low as
in Hamburg.

It would take place at the Siemens Conference Center in Munich/Perlach.

I would be interrested how many people would attend here.

Regards

Michael
Ing. Hans-Michael Haschek, Case Software Technologies
Tel. ++43 (0) 61 32 / 28 0 33 -34
Fax  ++43 (0) 61 32 / 28 0 33 -4
www : http://www.t-ide.com
Lets have Tcl/Tk at your fingertips with TIDE

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:35:24 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

>I offered to organize the event in Munich, but may be, that the fee is
>not so low as
>in Hamburg.

Munich would be fine.

Quote:
>It would take place at the Siemens Conference Center in Munich/Perlach.

>I would be interrested how many people would attend here.

If not held in August, I would attend.

Paul

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 04:13:45 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting
Quote:

> >I offered to organize the event in Munich, but may be, that the fee is
> >not so low as
> >in Hamburg.

> Munich would be fine.
seconded.
> >It would take place at the Siemens Conference Center in Munich/Perlach.

> >I would be interrested how many people would attend here.

> If not held in August, I would attend.

me too, and I think at least 2 persons from the environment agency will
participate.
Quote:

--
Dr. Joachim Heidemeier
c/o Umweltbundesamt

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:28:15 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting
I would attend. (2 persons)

Best regards

Ulrich

Quote:

> > Hello,

> > as I already said I'm not able to organize a third european Tcl/Tk user
> > meeting. Nobody stepped in so  far, but I asked last year, whether it is
> > possible to have this event at the LinuxTag (this year in Karlsruhe).

> > If anybody is interested in organizing a subevent there, please contact
> > me ASAP.

> > Bye, Carsten

> I offered to organize the event in Munich, but may be, that the fee is
> not so low as
> in Hamburg.

> It would take place at the Siemens Conference Center in Munich/Perlach.

> I would be interrested how many people would attend here.

> Regards

> Michael
> --
> Ing. Hans-Michael Haschek, Case Software Technologies
> Tel. ++43 (0) 61 32 / 28 0 33 -34
> Fax  ++43 (0) 61 32 / 28 0 33 -4
> www : http://www.t-ide.com
> Lets have Tcl/Tk at your fingertips with TIDE

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:00:05 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting
Munich is perfect for me. I might even present some
of my recent works.
So I would come, albeit not in August (traveling).

Cheer's
Zoran

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:42:16 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

> Munich is perfect for me. I might even present some
> of my recent works.

I doubt I would go to Munich, although LinuxTag might be a
possibility.  Especially if they accept my talk.

Quote:
> So I would come, albeit not in August (traveling).

I will be going to ApacheCon in early August (giving a talk on Apache
Tcl) and be in the states for the rest of that month.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:24:31 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

> It would take place at the Siemens Conference Center in Munich/Perlach.

> I would be interrested how many people would attend here.

> Regards

> Michael

Since our organization is in Munich, we would also visit it. (at least 5 persons)

Bernhard

--
Bezirksfinanzdirektion Mnchen

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:06:29 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting
Thank you, guys, for this nice feedback.

The 3. European Tcl/Tk User Meeting will take place at the Siemens
Training Center
in Munich/Perlach. We have two dates to choose from : either 13., 14.
June or
27., 28. June. Please let me know by mail which date you prefer.
I have done a reservation for a full equipped room (beamer, micro, etc)
for 40 to
70 people. The fee would be 40 EUR including papers and beverages.
Lunch can be taken in the nearby Mensa.
The nearby novotel offers a rate for attendees of 93 EUR pP and night.
Please let me know who wants to stay there, so I can make a "group
pre-reservation".
The reservation itself has to be done by everbody himself.

Yes, and this also a call for papers.

I will make up a page with details by the weekend :
http://www.t-ide.com/meeting

Cheers

Michael

Ing. Hans-Michael Haschek, Case Software Technologies
Tel. ++43 (0) 61 32 / 28 0 33 -34
Fax  ++43 (0) 61 32 / 28 0 33 -4
www : http://www.t-ide.com
Lets have Tcl/Tk at your fingertips with TIDE

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:49:54 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:

> It would take place at the Siemens Conference Center in
> Munich/Perlach.
> I would be interrested how many people would attend here.

I would.

cu
        Reinhard

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 01:20:48 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Quote:
>I offered to organize the event in Munich, but may be, that the fee is
>not so low as
>in Hamburg.

>It would take place at the Siemens Conference Center in Munich/Perlach.

>I would be interrested how many people would attend here.

Count me in.

rolf

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 04:53:15 GMT
 European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

Hallo,

  I setup a poll page about the meeting place

  Everyone who have a place in mind should send me
  a short description about it in English and I'll
  setup a Poll page for the community.

  I'll only accept descriptions if at least one
  person is behind that place and is willing to be part
  of the organization team

mfg

  aotto :)

(C) Compiler-Factory, Dipl.-Ing Andreas Otto, Business Solutions

C, C++, Java, Tcl, Perl, HTML, DB, Sql, Shell, M4, GUI, Package

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:41:50 GMT

 [ 21 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting - Papers online

2. Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting - Call for FINAL papers and feedback

3. Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting - Call for papers and feedback

4. Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting - Invitation and Call for papers

5. 3rd European Tcl/Tk User Meeting - Results

6. REMINDER: 3rd European Tcl/Tk User Meeting, Call for papers

7. 3rd European Tcl/Tk User Meeting and Call for Papers 2nd try

8. 3rd European Tcl/Tk User Meeting and Call for Papers

9. POLL!! European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

10. Second European Tcl/Tk User Meeting, Papers available

11. 2nd European Tcl/Tk User Meeting

12. 2nd. European Tcl/Tk User Meeting