Tcl SOAP - Tcl 8.4?!?!?! (Immediate Need)
Author Message
 Tcl SOAP - Tcl 8.4?!?!?! (Immediate Need)

OK -

Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP!

The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all.  So the
following quesitons come to mind:

Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later?
Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services?
Anyone using it to provide Web Services?

I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this
is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache
(1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary).

Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed!

Dave

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 03:05:26 GMT
 Tcl SOAP - Tcl 8.4?!?!?! (Immediate Need)

Quote:

>OK -

>Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP!

>The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all.  So the
>following quesitons come to mind:

>Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later?
>Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services?
>Anyone using it to provide Web Services?

>I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this
>is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache
>(1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary).

>Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed!

>Dave

Short answer:  yes.

What does "immediately" mean to you?  What platforms interest you?

I'm working with tclhttpd rather than Apache now, but I think Pat
has Apache covered.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 03:32:00 GMT

1. Install tcl 8.4 error, Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories

2. Tcl 7.4 to Tcl 8.4 porting issues

3. Stubs with Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4

4. CONST Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4

5. need blt binaries for tcl/tk 8.4 ( and threads as well)

6. OpenGL Bindings for Tcl/Tk 8.4

7. problem about tcl 8.3 and 8.4

8. Problem compiling TCL 8.4 on HP-UX 11

9. VC++ 6.0 GUP application with TCL 8.4

10. VC++ 6.0 GUI application with TCL 8.4

11. Tcl 8.4 and Thread extension for Win XP and 2003

12. Problem with [binary scan] and sign in Tcl 8.4