Changing UNIX password from WinNT/95 client
Author Message
 Changing UNIX password from WinNT/95 client

My users need to be able to change their unix passwords without having access
to the command line.  They use win clients to access a unix app.
I'm hoping tcl8.0p2 can do the trick for me.  Does anyone know if there is an
example somewhere that might get me pointed in the right direction?
Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-Chuck

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing UNIX password from WinNT/95 client

Quote:

> My users need to be able to change their unix passwords without having
> access
> to the command line.  They use win clients to access a unix app.
> I'm hoping tcl8.0p2 can do the trick for me.  Does anyone know if
> there is an
> example somewhere that might get me pointed in the right direction?
> Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

One idea that springs to mind is to write an expect script that runs as
a server on the Unix box.  It would receive change request consisting of
user name, old password, and new password.  It would then execute the
passwd command to change the password and send back the
success/failure.

You could have a Tcl/Tk script on the windows side to provide a GUI
interface on the client side.

Another idea is to use TclBlend and one of the Java Telnet classes to
login to the Unix box from a Tcl/Tk script on Windows.  It would then
execute the passwd command to change the password and report the
success/failure.
* Gerald W. Lester                       | Voice:  +1 (504)-889-2784
*
* Computerized Processes Unlimited, Inc. | FAX:    +1 (504)-889-2799
*

*
* Metairie, LA 70001                     | Web:    http://www.cpu.com
*

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Client-Server between WinNT and UNIX - assina~1.txt (0/1)

2. Client-Server between WinNT and UNIX - assina~1.txt (1/1)

3. Changing AIX password from client app

4. Changing Unix passwords from REXX

5. changing unix password via www python script

6. changing unix password via www python script

7. changing unix password with python

8. Problem with MDX-RDD under WinNT/95 and Exospace with Clipper 5.2

9. Best Rexx for WinNT/95 ?

10. Best Rexx for WinNT/95 ?

11. Sorting a Textfile Object REXX WinNT/95

12. raise a mainwindow works different on winnt/95 or win98