Redirection of TCL/Tk script errors?
Author Message
 Redirection of TCL/Tk script errors?

Hi guys.

I'm using ActiveTCL 8.4.x. Is there any way to redirect general script error
output to a particular Proc rather than the default error widgets?

If the worst happens, I'd rather users saw a simple tk_messageBox stating
something simple and clear like "Application error" rather than fragments of
TCL source code that might scare them.

Sun, 02 Mar 2008 08:52:54 GMT
 Redirection of TCL/Tk script errors?

Quote:

> I'm using ActiveTCL 8.4.x. Is there any way to redirect general script error
> output to a particular Proc rather than the default error widgets?

Of course, see manpage about [bgerror].

kind regards
--
Matthias Kraft
Software AG, Germany

(They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary)
(safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.   --    Benjamin Franklin)

Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:09:00 GMT
 Redirection of TCL/Tk script errors?

Quote:

>> I'm using ActiveTCL 8.4.x. Is there any way to redirect general script error
>> output to a particular Proc rather than the default error widgets?

> Of course, see manpage about [bgerror].

Thanks Matthias. That does exactly what I was after :-).

Fri, 07 Mar 2008 01:43:54 GMT

1. tcl/tk-scripts, Apache & tcl/tk-plugin

2. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

3. NT errors on shutdown when Tcl/Tk script calls an external .exe

4. tcl/tk error in startup script

5. Using more to in tcl scripts/ <<word redirection as in shell

6. Tcl/Tk 8.0 , Error in startup script

7. Script errors not caught by tcl/tk?

8. Help tcl/tk script and Rasmol, send errors

9. Help Tcl/Tk redirection

10. Running a TK script using wish80.exe within a tcl script

11. Need example of working tcl/tk script used as cgi-bin script

12. problems running tk-script with tcl/tk 8.3.3