Package for writing (and reading) the excel file format:
Author Message
 Package for writing (and reading) the excel file format:

Hi,

I wrote some code to create tables in the excel file format.
The simple format BIFF2 (Excel 2.1?) works a little bit, but
some work is remaining for the newer formats (BIFF3-8). I think
the biggest problem is, that the resulting file in the newer format
does't contain all the needed records (FONTS, XF, ...).

The file loala.tcl should create a OLE filesystem which is also used
(IMHO) in word documents. Excel 97 can read such a file, iff you
create a biff2 table with one floating point number. So my approach
is not completly wrong.

Anyway, the homepage is
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bauerc/tclexcel.html

Christoph Bauer

Sat, 22 May 2004 20:54:14 GMT
 Package for writing (and reading) the excel file format:
Hi Christoph,

Quote:

> I wrote some code to create tables in the excel file format.

Are you aware of http://www.xlhtml.org/ ?  I just researched this
topic myself and xlHtml seems to be very good for reading the format.
It looks like it only handles OLE style Excel files (no pure BIFF),
but that could probably be changed.

so long, benny

Fri, 28 May 2004 01:38:58 GMT

1. to store data in excel format using write to spreadsheet file

2. Read/Write to MS-Excel file?

3. Possible to read/write Excel files in Python?

4. Exporting data from clusters into a format Excel can read

5. Best Excel Read/Write Template for this Job

6. Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)

7. IMAQ Vision - Writing Image Files: File Format

8. How to save a file as EXCEL format?

9. Excel 97 file format ?

10. Saving Excel files in dBase format?

11. Worksheet Library (Lotus/Excel) or File format

12. Clarification: read/write slow, and TCPSocket and sys{read,write}