Changing wish80 font
Author Message
 Changing wish80 font

I'm running wish80 under Windows NT and for the life of me I can't
figure out how to change the font.  I', running it at 1280x1040 and my
feeble eyes are going blind reading the flyspecks.

This has to be trivial but I can't find the golden command...

TIA, Patrick

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing wish80 font

Quote:
>I'm running wish80 under Windows NT and for the life of me I can't
>figure out how to change the font.  I', running it at 1280x1040 and my
>feeble eyes are going blind reading the flyspecks.

Hmmmm, I'm kinda confused here.  The font for what?  Tcl is a language,
so the font is what the programmer specified.  If they didn't provide
a command to change the font, then you can't change it.  In general,
Tcl uses the system default fonts (as set in the display control panel
on Windows systems).

If you are asking about the font for specific widgets that you are
programming, then it is the -font option (Widget Creation 101).  You
might also read up on the 'font' command.

--
    Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"
    jeff.hobbs at acm.org | Jeffrey.Hobbs at oen.siemens.de

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing wish80 font

Quote:

> >I'm running wish80 under Windows NT and for the life of me I can't
> >figure out how to change the font.  I', running it at 1280x1040 and
> my
> >feeble eyes are going blind reading the flyspecks.

> Hmmmm, I'm kinda confused here.  The font for what?  Tcl is a
> language,
> so the font is what the programmer specified.  If they didn't provide
> a command to change the font, then you can't change it.  In general,
> Tcl uses the system default fonts (as set in the display control panel
> on Windows systems).

> If you are asking about the font for specific widgets that you are
> programming, then it is the -font option (Widget Creation 101).  You
> might also read up on the 'font' command.

> --
>     Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"
>     jeff.hobbs at acm.org | Jeffrey.Hobbs at oen.siemens.de

Sorry I wasn't explicit enough: when you run wish80.exe under Windows NT
a console window and a "wish80" window are launched. The wish shell is
running on the console window.  When you type in your Tcl commands in
the console window the default font (which is the system default font)
is too small for my taste.  Can this be changed without changing the
system default font?

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing wish80 font

Quote:

> Sorry I wasn't explicit enough: when you run wish80.exe under Windows NT
> a console window and a "wish80" window are launched. The wish shell is
> running on the console window.  When you type in your Tcl commands in
> the console window the default font (which is the system default font)
> is too small for my taste.  Can this be changed without changing the
> system default font?

Yes.  It's a little bizarre, because the console is off in a separate
interpreter.  Do

        console eval {.console configure -font {{Courier New} 14}}

or something similar, and the console font changes.  I do this
routinely,
not so much because the font is too small as because I like a constant-
width font on the console.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin KENNY      GE Corporate R&D, Niskayuna, New York, USA

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing wish80 font

Quote:
>a console window and a "wish80" window are launched. The wish shell is
>running on the console window.  When you type in your Tcl commands in
>the console window the default font (which is the system default font)
>is too small for my taste.  Can this be changed without changing the
>system default font?

Kevin already gave you the answer, but you might also be interested in
looking into TkCon:
        http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tcl/script/tkcon/

Works the same way, but with lots more features (and it's easier to
change the font :^) ).

--
    Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"
    jeff.hobbs at acm.org | Jeffrey.Hobbs at oen.siemens.de

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Font Fix for htmllib.tcl 0.3 using wish80.exe under Win 95

2. Wish80 and wish83 difference with respect to change in cursor shapes

3. BUG: StatusBar doesn't support font changing

4. changing font of SequenceViewSpec

5. Changing notebook tab fonts (Enfin)

6. Changing Fonts in J2 Window driver

7. Changing Fonts to OS X

8. Changing Font in a Window

9. Changing menu fonts in VW2.0

10. How to change font in editfields?

11. how to change font/size in editfields

12. Changing all window's controls fonts