Two simple questions about -fill option to pack
Author Message
 Two simple questions about -fill option to pack

Here are two behaviours with -fill that are not quite what I'm
looking for.  The first probably just requires a woraround, the
second may be a bug (?)

For the first: I'm using a text widget in a resizeable windown,
packed with -fill both so that if the window is resized, the
text widget will grow or shrink also.  Unfortnately, the
default width of the text widget is too large, making the
window come up too large.  When I alter this by giving a "-width n"
option at text window creation, I find that the size is no correct,
but the text widget no longer stretches when the main window is
resized.  Is there a solution to this?

Problem number two is that a canvas widget, although packed with
a -fill y option, does not automatically stretch vertically to
keeps is enclosing frame filled in the y direction.  Is this a
bug, or just normal canvas behaviour?

Thanks,
Ken McDonald

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Two simple questions about -fill option to pack

Quote:

>Problem number two is that a canvas widget, although packed with
>a -fill y option, does not automatically stretch vertically to
>keeps is enclosing frame filled in the y direction.  Is this a
>bug, or just normal canvas behaviour?

This is not a bug. You must have forgotton the `-expand 1' in the
packer arguments... You probably want something like:

  pack .canvas -fill both -expand 1

Donal.
--
Donal K. Fellows, (at work)          |  Donal K. Fellows, (at home)
Dept. of Computer Science,           |  6, Randall Place, Heaton,

      See my <A HREF="http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~fellowsd/">home page</A>
  My WWW pages are now available by mail. Send mail to me with the Subject:
                      WWW-Mail: whatever_URL_you_want

Tue, 30 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Horizontal Fill Slide question (two data points)

2. pack option subsitution question

3. simple question on .emacs: auto-fill-mode

4. simple "packing" question

5. Simple Pack Question

6. 2 simple questions (selection and packing)

7. Canvas Option : postscript ( two questions)

8. Two simple questions

9. Two simple browse to report questions

10. Two simple questions

11. Two simple questions (hopefully)

12. two simple questions