newbie qn : which file am I in ?
Author Message
 newbie qn : which file am I in ?

Hi,

Is there a way to determine which Tcl source file I'm running commands
in ?

I have read the man pages, it's not clear to me how to get at this
info.

I'm sure if I was using the ordinary Tcl shell I could inspect the
command line arguments, but unfortunately I'm using something called
WSCP which is an IBM command line shell based on Tcl (used to
administer WebSphere). When I look at the command line inside this
WSCP shell the "-f" flag to it has been chopped off.

Any ideas would be gratefully received !

Tim

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:36:10 GMT
 newbie qn : which file am I in ?

Quote:

>Hi,

>Is there a way to determine which Tcl source file I'm running commands
>in ?

>I have read the man pages, it's not clear to me how to get at this
>info.

>I'm sure if I was using the ordinary Tcl shell I could inspect the
>command line arguments, but unfortunately I'm using something called
>WSCP which is an IBM command line shell based on Tcl (used to
>administer WebSphere). When I look at the command line inside this
>WSCP shell the "-f" flag to it has been chopped off.

                        .
                        .
                        .
Good question.

WSCP's a bit "funny", and I'm not in a position to verify
what I'll suggest against a live copy just now.  However,
I suspect that some combination of
  puts [info nameofexecutable]

  puts [info script]
will get you where you want to be.

Please tell your IBM representative that you think they
should document and support WSCP better.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:21:03 GMT
 newbie qn : which file am I in ?

Quote:

> >Hi,

> >Is there a way to determine which Tcl source file I'm running commands
> >in ?

> >I have read the man pages, it's not clear to me how to get at this
> >info.

> >I'm sure if I was using the ordinary Tcl shell I could inspect the
> >command line arguments, but unfortunately I'm using something called
> >WSCP which is an IBM command line shell based on Tcl (used to
> >administer WebSphere). When I look at the command line inside this
> >WSCP shell the "-f" flag to it has been chopped off.
>                    .
>                    .
>                    .
> Good question.

> WSCP's a bit "funny", and I'm not in a position to verify
> what I'll suggest against a live copy just now.  However,
> I suspect that some combination of
>   puts [info nameofexecutable]

>   puts [info script]
> will get you where you want to be.

> Please tell your IBM representative that you think they
> should document and support WSCP better.

For once WSCP has come up trumps. [info script] does exactly what I want !

Thanks for the pointer.

Tim

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:20:15 GMT

1. REXX Newbie Qn.

2. Problem with file I/O on solaris .I am a newbie to fortran

3. I am a stupid newbie.

4. HELP, I am Clarion Newbie

5. Help, I am a Clarion Newbie

6. Subject: Re: Newbie question (was Re: I am new)

7. Simple Newbie Question: What am I doing wrong?

8. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

9. Beginner Qn - Syntax error with STDIN.gets

10. Was User errorRE: Beginner Qn - Syntax error with STDIN.gets

11. Primitives and structural level modeling qn!

12. unbounded component qn