Sharing clock time of two PC's.
Author Message
 Sharing clock time of two PC's.

I'm interested in writing a tcl/tk app to grab the clock's time of
another PC.
This will be used to syncronize the clocks to a common time.

I know tcl/tk but I'm not familiar with how to do this.
The I require the logic behind this of how to implement. EX. how could I
grab another pc's time.

Any help is appreciated.

  gkassyou.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sharing clock time of two PC's.
You may want to look at RFC 1119, Network Time Protocol, which is the
specification for how to synchronize clocks on a TCP/IP network.  If you
make your program conform to this standard, then you will be able to
interoperate with other NTP servers/clients.

-Steve

Quote:

> I'm interested in writing a tcl/tk app to grab the clock's time of
> another PC.
> This will be used to syncronize the clocks to a common time.

> I know tcl/tk but I'm not familiar with how to do this.
> The I require the logic behind this of how to implement. EX. how could I
> grab another pc's time.

> Any help is appreciated.

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>   OES Systems Engineer
>   Newbridge Networks

>   George Kassyousef

>   Newbridge Networks
>   349 Terry Fox Dr.     Fax: 599-3664
>   Kanata                Work: 599-3600 x1630
>   ON                    Netscape Conference Address
>   K2K-2E7               Netscape Conference DLS Server
>   Canada
>   Additional Information:
>   Last Name   Kassyousef
>   First Name  George
>   Version     2.1

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sharing two PC's

2. compare wall clock time between two machines

3. Working Win95 - Clipper 3.10a and shared 2 Pc's

4. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

5. Ratio between agent's share and consultant's share

6. PC's with two displays

7. FTP between two networked PC's

8. Using two PC's in parallel

9. rising_edge(clock) vs clock'event

10. optimum value of cpu time/clock time.

11. Help!: problem with fast timing for real-time application on PC

12. Help!: problem with fast timing for real-time application on PC