widgets ??
Author Message
 widgets ??

Hi
    Iam  new to tcl/tk . So can anyone tell me how are external widgets ,
extensions integrated with tcl/tk applications eg BLT widgets .

regards
sumesh

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:58:28 GMT
 widgets ??

Quote:

> Hi
>     Iam  new to tcl/tk . So can anyone tell me how are external widgets ,
> extensions integrated with tcl/tk applications eg BLT widgets .

"package require" usually. For instance,

package require BLT
# Now you can use the BLT widgets.

Check out the Tcl man pages for [package], [source], [load] etc if
you're interested in how it all works. There are also detailed man pages
on the Tcl C-API which extensions can use if performance is an issue.

Quote:

--
package require Tkhtml;package require http;pack [scrollbar .vsb \
-orient vertical -command {.html yview}] -side right -fill y;pack \

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:27:08 GMT
 widgets ??
Quote:

> Hi
>     Iam  new to tcl/tk . So can anyone tell me how are external widgets ,
> extensions integrated with tcl/tk applications eg BLT widgets .

> regards
> sumesh

Im not sure i get it right, what you want.

If you want to use BLT with a standard wish, you just need to install
the BLT package so that [package require] can find it. (normally in a
subdir of your auto_path, try [set auto_path] in a tclsh or wish to see
where this is.)

Then just do a [package require BLT] in your program.

% package require BLT
2.4
%

Perhaps you should take a look at the [package] command in the tcl/tk docs.

Michael Schlenker

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:31:47 GMT

1. using entry widget inside tixGrid widget (or list widget)

2. CW widgets faster than Abt widgets

3. embedding text widgets in other text widgets

4. when a Widget isn't a Widget!

5. Tk, tabbing from widget to widget

6. Tk, tabbing from widget to widget

7. another tkinter widget request: an athena stripchart widget.

8. Widget name from a widget -command?

9. Some questions on elided text in the text widget (and a few other text widget questions)

10. optcl browser widget disables entry widget

11. Grab widget, and get events for other widgets?

12. Entry widget from Text widget