BUG: BLT 2.3 needs prodding to see vectors
Author Message
 BUG: BLT 2.3 needs prodding to see vectors

I am using Blt 2.3 (w/ Tcl/Tk 8.0 p2, so that BLT is patched as per my
recent message in this newsgroup, but that should be orthogonal to the
present problem).  I am setting up a simple BLT XY graph with two BLT
vectors as X and Y coordinates. The problem is that the graph widget
doesn't see the values in the vectors until the vectors themselves are
'slapped'. The problem doesn't appear for -?data given as Tcl lists;
also, in my real application I am using C API to set the vectors,
using Blt_ResetVector(), and the values are notices by the graph.

The fix probably requires change to bltGrElem.c:364; when a new vector
is installed, VectorChangedProc() is installed as a change handler, but
I believe that it should also be called right away.

Here is a script that demonstrates the problem:

namespace import blt::*
% vector x
% vector y
% x set {1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9}
% y set {1 3 4 2 1 3 5 2 1}
% pack [graph .g]
% .g element create a -xdata x -ydata y

        the graph window appears on screen, but doesn't show the data

% set x(1) $x(1)
2.0
        the graph notices the X values

% set y(2) $y(2)
4.0
        and only now it notices the Y values

--

                        NIST Center for Neutron Research (bldg. 235), E111
                        Gaithersburg, MD 20899,      USA

Thu, 25 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. BLT 2.3: Vector bug fix

2. Blt 2.3: One Bug, One Feature, Two Solutions :)

3. Serious BLT 2.3 bug (long)

4. Blt bug : [ 651993 ] vectors inside namespace (2.4z)

5. BLT::vector problems (bug?)

6. bug fix for BLT 2.1 vector handling

7. BLT vector creation: creation time grows as number of vectors created grows

8. BLT 2.3

9. BLT 2.3 under AIX

10. BLT 2.3 for AIX

11. BLT 2.3 for Tcl/Tk 8.0