Using the C functions to create Widgets
Author Message
 Using the C functions to create Widgets

Quote:
>Has anyone used the C functions for creating the Widgets.

There are lots of C widget extensions, but you can just look at how
a Tk widget is made and duplicate it for your needs.  However, a
widget may already exist for your needs...

--
     Jeffrey Hobbs                       office: 541.683.7891

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Using the C functions to create Widgets

Hi,

Has anyone used the C functions for creating the
Widgets.

I was reading Brent Welch's "Practical Programm..."
and there is a chapter which talks about programming
TK in C. I was trying to reproduce that program and
make it to run and had problems setting up all
the functions that are used in the example.

Has anyone else tried using C for TK. If so, would
it be possible to share experiences so that I may
learn something from it.

Thanks in advance

Muki Soomar

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Using the C functions to create Widgets

If you have the same book that i have...his examples work until version
Tk7.4. From then on, Tk_Init will create the mainWindow and do that
geometry setup and all that ugliness for you. So the corresponding lines
from Brents book got to be nuked.  Then, a call to
mainwindow = Tk_MainWindow(interp)
will return a handle to your mainwindow, so you can do the things further
on that Brent talks about. I think that's about the only deviation.

Moreover, if you want to do C++ instead of C, you could check out the
"hush" library. But anyways, I believe that GUIs should be written in
Tcl..so there...:>

Elef.

Quote:
>Hi,
>Has anyone used the C functions for creating the
>Widgets.
>I was reading Brent Welch's "Practical Programm..."
>and there is a chapter which talks about programming
>TK in C. I was trying to reproduce that program and
>make it to run and had problems setting up all
>the functions that are used in the example.
>Has anyone else tried using C for TK. If so, would
>it be possible to share experiences so that I may
>learn something from it.
>Thanks in advance
>Muki Soomar

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. using entry widget inside tixGrid widget (or list widget)

2. GAWK: Question on using filefuncs.so (creating arrays in extension functions)

3. Property Assignment Syntax on Controls Made Using the Create() Built-in Function

4. creating a square wave using an array function

5. how to create a Snapshot of subroutines or functions used in a project

6. Q: Creating an object member function using exec

7. Win32 - Creating Basic Widget, like Ousterhout's Square Widget

8. How I create a new file. ( .\CS\FILENAME)

9. Creating Selector (CS / DS) in WinXP

10. .cs create polygon $xy does'nt work

12. Creating a control at runtime - using Create()