How To Compile Tcl/Tk with VC 6.0 ?
Author Message
 How To Compile Tcl/Tk with VC 6.0 ?

Is there a how to compile Help manual for compiling in tcl and tk in windows
98 using VC 6.0 ?
Thanks

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How To Compile Tcl/Tk with VC 6.0 ?

cd win
nmake -f makefile.vc

Quote:

> Is there a how to compile Help manual for compiling in tcl and tk in windows
> 98 using VC 6.0 ?
> Thanks

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How To Compile Tcl/Tk with VC 6.0 ?

Quote:

> cd win
> nmake -f makefile.vc

> > Is there a how to compile Help manual for compiling in tcl and tk in windows
> > 98 using VC 6.0 ?
> > Thanks

I tried to compile 8.0.5 on a 95 box at work and I ran into this problem
with VC++ 6.0. I have compiled before with VC++ 4.2 and that worked
but when I ran with VC++ 6.0 I get an error saying "could not create
file ...". Has this happened to anyone else?

Mo

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How To Compile Tcl/Tk with VC 6.0 ?
I seem to remember someone saying that the makefile
wasn't creating the Release subdirectory under win.
Try this:

        cd win
        mkdir Release
        nmake -f makefile.vc

-- Scott

Quote:

> > cd win
> > nmake -f makefile.vc

> > > Is there a how to compile Help manual for compiling in tcl and tk in windows
> > > 98 using VC 6.0 ?
> > > Thanks

> I tried to compile 8.0.5 on a 95 box at work and I ran into this problem
> with VC++ 6.0. I have compiled before with VC++ 4.2 and that worked
> but when I ran with VC++ 6.0 I get an error saying "could not create
> file ...". Has this happened to anyone else?

> Mo

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC 6.0 and Tcl/Tk

2. Compiling Tcl/Tk using VC++ 6.0

3. Compile TCK\TK with Visual C++ 6.0

4. vc ++ and tcl tk

5. tcl-tk Vc++ problem

6. Need advice to compile Tcl/C under VC++ 6.0

7. Basic help compiling Tcl with C extensions in Windows (Visual C++ 6.0)

8. tcl/tk with vc++

9. Project files for MS VC 6.0

10. vc 6.0 asm listing

11. Vtune 4.0 v.s VC 6.0