Anyone trying out the various fixes posted to this newsgroup?
Author Message
 Anyone trying out the various fixes posted to this newsgroup?

I've been applying the various patches as best I can to my Tcl 8.0 source.

I just ran a make test after the latest set of patches and notice a new
error:

parse.test

==== parse-5.12 array variable substitution
==== Contents of test case:

    set b a$()
    set b

==== Test generated error:
can't read "()": no such variable

Anyone else noticed this?  Has one of the patches posted now broken
parsing?
--

Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone trying out the various fixes posted to this newsgroup?

Quote:

>==== parse-5.12 array variable substitution
>    set b a$()
>==== Test generated error:
>can't read "()": no such variable

My guess is this is related to Fontaine's empty array name patch.
Perhaps he can look into it (he's getting cc'ed).

--
    Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone trying out the various fixes posted to this newsgroup?

Quote:

>>==== parse-5.12 array variable substitution
>>    set b a$()
>>==== Test generated error:
>>can't read "()": no such variable

> My guess is this is related to Fontaine's empty array name patch.
> Perhaps he can look into it (he's getting cc'ed).

 Yes it is, when I removed the patch, the test passed.

        Mark

--

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone trying out the various fixes posted to this newsgroup?

Thanks - removing the array modification that comes as a part of stooop
also fixed that problem.  Now I am seeing a problem in tk where I get

$ make test
.
.these work
.
canvImg.test
bad option name ""

and the process hangs, with a blank toplevel showing.

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting in-fix notation to Post-fix

2. try gfdg try kuiou try gsdfas try

3. Various things - Long post - THanks everybody.

4. QUERY: Various Smalltalk, Opinions on these various

5. "dead" newsgroup fix

6. trying to fix ruby-gtk's menu.popup

7. Newbie question on trying to fix linteger package

8. Trying to fix Ada LRM for PC?

9. FIXED. try import except want lineno from Exception

10. Send thousands of Posting to the Newsgroups at once with Mailloop

11. Douple posts to the newsgroup

12. Can't post to new SV newsgroup server