file copy and ISO9660
Author Message
 file copy and ISO9660

I have run into this weird behavior. Whenever I try to do a file copy from
a ISO9660 cdrom using tcl, the resulting file has 0 length.
I can read the files in the CDROM ( set f [open filename]; puts [read $f])
but "file copy" command leaves the target with 0 bytes
Using cp from the command line works fine. I have tried with different CDROMs
If the CDROM was created using the ext2 filesystem, then everything works fine.
I have searched comp.lang.tcl, google, but cannot find any reference.

Tcl version: Tcl 8.3
System: Mandrake Linux 8.1

any ideas on what the problem may be?

Thanks

Daniel

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:12:29 GMT
 file copy and ISO9660

Quote:

> I have run into this weird behavior. Whenever I try to do a file copy from
> a ISO9660 cdrom using tcl, the resulting file has 0 length.
> I can read the files in the CDROM ( set f [open filename]; puts [read $f])
> but "file copy" command leaves the target with 0 bytes

> Tcl version: Tcl 8.3

Odd, very odd.  The only way I can see for that to happen is if the read()
syscall returns a 0 the first time it is called, but I've no idea why that could
occur.  Bizarre!  (Thinks for a bit)  Could the st_blksize field be bogus (i.e.
0) here for some reason?

Donal.
--

-- Always running as a superuser is not a fault, it's an OS preference.

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:16:16 GMT

1. CW2.003 File copy changes the date.....need a way to copy w/o date change

2. BUG: file copy copies links as links

3. ISO9660 Filesystem

4. copying files using as a different file name

5. Setting file attributes and Copying files

6. H E L P COPY(file,new file)

7. CW2.003 Copy file changes file date

8. Copy a *.txt file to another file

9. File (original) To File Copy (storage)

10. VMS LIB$ copying file a file in FORTRAN

11. Copying files to file server

12. To copy or not to copy