instruction/operand.
0x8fe136e4 in __dyld_stub_binding_helper_interface ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x8fe136e4 in __dyld_stub_binding_helper_interface ()
#1  0x00001000 in ?? ()
#2  0x000022e2 in _start (argc=1, argv=0xbffff540, envp=0xbffff548) at
/SourceCache/Csu/Csu-58/crt.c:272
#3  0x000021fd in start ()

My configure line was:
./configure --with-x --disable-corefoundation --enable-threads
--disable-symbols --disable-aqua

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Micah

Mon, 10 Nov 2008 02:46:37 GMT
 Illegal Instruction on Mac OS X Intel

Quote:

> Building Tcl 8.4.13 on an Intel Mac using gcc 4.0.3, tclsh crashes
> with:
> Illegal instruction
> Program received signal EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION, Illegal
> instruction/operand.
> 0x8fe136e4 in __dyld_stub_binding_helper_interface ()
> Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

My best guess is that your clib has the bad code in it as
__dyld_stub_binding_helper_interface is not a function in Tcl.

Check with the GCC crew.

Mon, 10 Nov 2008 04:01:34 GMT
 Illegal Instruction on Mac OS X Intel
# > Building Tcl 8.4.13 on an Intel Mac using gcc 4.0.3, tclsh crashes
# > with:
# > Illegal instruction
# ...
#
# My best guess is that your clib has the bad code in it as
# __dyld_stub_binding_helper_interface is not a function in Tcl.

dyld - dynamic loader.

It's part of the dynamic loading of libraries and other thingies
on the fly. I think I've seen this with unsatisfiable externals
or zero launched executables or ppc/386 issues, but I'm not
sure.

--
SM Ryan http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~wyrmwif/
Death is the worry of the living. The dead, like myself,

Mon, 10 Nov 2008 05:38:35 GMT

1. Introducing the Intel(R) Fortran Compiler, Standard and Professional Editions, for Mac OS*

2. Is anyone using Intel Fortran under Mac OS X

3. Illegal Instruction Workaround

4. clipper & nt illegal instruction

5. Windows NT 3.5 Illegal Instruction

6. Any illegal instruction processing interrupts?

7. Illegal instructions

8. Why does this give illegal instruction?

9. Illegal instruction (core dumped)

10. drand : illegal instruction ???

11. Illegal Instruction in Tcl_Eval()

12. 'after' causes illegal instruction errors