Scroll Bar Worries
Author Message
 Scroll Bar Worries

I am an intern trying to learn TCL and I am having trouble with scroll
bars in that they show up on the screen and are full (you can't use
them.) In a test program I was able to get the bars to scroll, but they
didn't control  anything. In all honesty, I don't really understand how
they work and am looking for help. Thanks.
--
-------------------------
Sachin R. Master

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Bar Worries

Quote:

> I am an intern trying to learn TCL and I am having trouble with scroll
> bars in that they show up on the screen and are full (you can't use
> them.) In a test program I was able to get the bars to scroll, but they
> didn't control  anything. In all honesty, I don't really understand how
> they work and am looking for help. Thanks.

listbox .l -yscrollcommand [list .y set]
scrollbar .y -command [list .l yview]
pack .l .y -side left -expand 1 -fill y

for {set i 0} {$i < 100} {incr i} {
    .l insert end "$i - [expr {$i * $i}]"

Quote:
}

Essentially you create your scrollbars, you create your widget, you link
them together using the -command and -[xy]scrollcommand options, pack
them and you are ready.

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

2. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars? (fwd)

3. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars?

4. Mouse wheel doesn't scroll text scroll bar

5. text widget / scroll bar / automatic scrolling

6. ASPAP: How do you change your scroll bars to be flat scroll bars?

7. Listbox doesn't get scroll bars

8. scroll bar

9. Width/height of scroll bar in listbox

10. Editfield & Scroll Bar Position

11. Flickering EditField scroll bar

12. scroll bar