the ttrace package for threads
Author Message
 the ttrace package for threads

Hello,

My question yesterday is about learning where the documentation for what
commands (their arguments, options, etc.) are in the ttrace namespace
didn't get an answer and I'm thinking that it might be because I didn't
make the subject clear enough.  The question isn't about multi-threaded
apps, but rather what all is in the ttrace namespace.  I know about
ttrace eval, but is there anything else?

Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee)
Hewlett-Packard Company
11311 Chinden Blvd.
Boise, Idaho
Please note: The e-mail address is purposely
mangled.  I do not wish my account at HP to
become a spam haven.

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 22:23:58 GMT
 the ttrace package for threads
Quote:

> Hello,

> My question yesterday is about learning where the documentation for what
> commands (their arguments, options, etc.) are in the ttrace namespace
> didn't get an answer and I'm thinking that it might be because I didn't
> make the subject clear enough.  The question isn't about multi-threaded
> apps, but rather what all is in the ttrace namespace.  I know about
> ttrace eval, but is there anything else?

did you try in your tclsh after you loaded the thread package:
info commands ::ttrace::* ?

(if the namespace is called ttrace..., don't know)

Michael

Sun, 28 Sep 2008 22:54:48 GMT
 the ttrace package for threads

Quote:

>>Hello,

>>My question yesterday is about learning where the documentation for what
>>commands (their arguments, options, etc.) are in the ttrace namespace
>>didn't get an answer and I'm thinking that it might be because I didn't
>>make the subject clear enough.  The question isn't about multi-threaded
>>apps, but rather what all is in the ttrace namespace.  I know about
>>ttrace eval, but is there anything else?

> did you try in your tclsh after you loaded the thread package:
> info commands ::ttrace::* ?

> (if the namespace is called ttrace..., don't know)

> Michael

To be totally honest, no.  However, I was wanting more that just to know
the names but to know what the expected behavior was and return values,
etc.  I was hoping there was some documentation out there on this.

Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee)
Hewlett-Packard Company
11311 Chinden Blvd.
Boise, Idaho
Please note: The e-mail address is purposely
mangled.  I do not wish my account at HP to
become a spam haven.

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 03:51:24 GMT
 the ttrace package for threads

Quote:

>>>Hello,

>>>My question yesterday is about learning where the documentation for what
>>>commands (their arguments, options, etc.) are in the ttrace namespace
>>>didn't get an answer and I'm thinking that it might be because I didn't
>>>make the subject clear enough.  The question isn't about multi-threaded
>>>apps, but rather what all is in the ttrace namespace.  I know about
>>>ttrace eval, but is there anything else?

>>did you try in your tclsh after you loaded the thread package:
>>info commands ::ttrace::* ?

>>(if the namespace is called ttrace..., don't know)

>>Michael

> To be totally honest, no.  However, I was wanting more that just to know
> the names but to know what the expected behavior was and return values,
> etc.  I was hoping there was some documentation out there on this.

A couple seconds on google (well, 15) brought me to here:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/ma...

Pretty darn cool that it's an Apple site. Does that answer your question
about ttrace?

--
Bryan Oakley
http://www.tclscripting.com

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:12:13 GMT
 the ttrace package for threads

Quote:

>>> did you try in your tclsh after you loaded the thread package:
>>> info commands ::ttrace::* ?

>>> (if the namespace is called ttrace..., don't know)

>>> Michael

>> To be totally honest, no.  However, I was wanting more that just to know
>> the names but to know what the expected behavior was and return values,
>> etc.  I was hoping there was some documentation out there on this.

> A couple seconds on google (well, 15) brought me to here:

> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/ma...

> Pretty darn cool that it's an Apple site. Does that answer your question
> about ttrace?

Sure does.  Thanks.

Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee)
Hewlett-Packard Company
11311 Chinden Blvd.
Boise, Idaho
Please note: The e-mail address is purposely
mangled.  I do not wish my account at HP to
become a spam haven.

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:42:16 GMT

1. Status of Thread 2.6 package w/ttrace command?

2. TCL built with threads, but no Thread package

3. Threads creating threads creating threads...

4. thread, threading, mutex modules and non-threading interpreters

5. Threads Package in Prolog?

6. thread package

7. Embedded thread-enabled Tcl and packages

8. threaded tclkit - loading packages

9. Problem with registered commands when using Thread package

10. Non-threaded function in a threaded recursion?

11. Thread.new vs. Thread.start

12. Thread#kill doesn't kill processes inside a thread