BUG! array-like namespaces
Author Message
 BUG! array-like namespaces

I'm using namespaces in Tcl8.0 for various perverse purposes for which I
used to use the loophole in Upvar that allowed arrays to be made of
elements of other arrays. While doing so I noticed that although you can
have 'array-like' namespace identifiers, funny things sometimes happen
if you put arrays in them, such as the following (this is the complete
release of 8.0)

% namespace eval fee(fi) { variable fo; set fo(foo) fum }
fum
% namespace eval fee(fi) { set fo(foo) }
fum
% array get fee(fi)::fo
foo fum
% set fee(fi)::fo(foo)
can't read "fee(fi)::fo(foo)": no such variable

        --Jasper

Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. BUG/PROBLEM: Tcl8.0b1 namespace children/delete {} in a namespace

2. namespace and array unset weirdness

3. Creating arrays within namespaces.

4. namespaces and array access question

5. empty name array setting problem in namespace

6. empty name array setting failure within namespace procedure

7. Bug in "Move to/Namespace"?

8. ugly python namespace bug

9. namespaces: bug or feature?

10. Blt bug : [ 651993 ] vectors inside namespace (2.4z)

11. Bug in wish using namespace import ::*

12. BUG in tcl8.3.0 - namespace import