Accessing ORACLE http/app server from Tcl
Author Message
 Accessing ORACLE http/app server from Tcl

Hi,

I need to access ORACLE webserver from Tcl. I should be able to post
some data which shall be pushed to the database. I have evaluated
oratcl and tclodbc; but I cannot use these as my target machine is
arm-linux based and I donot have oracle client libs for the same on the
target device ..

Does anyone has any other ideas of interfacing with ORACLE from tcl
other than using oratcl, tclodbc ??

Thx in advance
Andy

Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:23:35 GMT
 Accessing ORACLE http/app server from Tcl
We use tclodbc with much success.  The oratcl is likely more capable
with regards to native oracle functionality.  But if all you are
looking to do is submit data and query it, tclodbc works fine and is
very easy to use.

Dave

Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:55:09 GMT
 Accessing ORACLE http/app server from Tcl

Quote:

>Hi,

>I need to access ORACLE webserver from Tcl. I should be able to post
>some data which shall be pushed to the database. I have evaluated
>oratcl and tclodbc; but I cannot use these as my target machine is
>arm-linux based and I donot have oracle client libs for the same on the
>target device ..

>Does anyone has any other ideas of interfacing with ORACLE from tcl
>other than using oratcl, tclodbc ??

I think your best option is to use a Tcl-based proxy on some other
machine that does have connectivity to your database machine, perhaps
even the database machine itself.   Tcl has a number of Remote
Procedure Call (RPC) options.   You can write a simple RPC server that
can invoke Oratcl or tclodbc on behalf of your ARM-based client.

See:

comm:   http://wiki.tcl.tk/2507
        http://wiki.tcl.tk/13351

soap:   http://wiki.tcl.tk/soap

xmlrpc: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1739

dp_tcl: http://wiki.tcl.tk/dp_RPC

Tequila: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1243

others: http://wiki.tcl.tk/9414
        http://wiki.tcl.tk/15315
        http://wiki.tcl.tk/8301

--
Tom Poindexter

Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:35:22 GMT
 Accessing ORACLE http/app server from Tcl
Thanks Dave/Tom,

I am trying to access from arm-linux. so oratcl is ruled out as i donot
have libclntsh.so built for arm-linux. The instantclient SDK from
ORACLE has oci headers; but prebuilt client libraries. I tried to
install and use tclodbc. But is giving me "invalid command database". I
have posted another post on the same. Also I shall need to build
tclodbc on arm-linux so would need to port iodbc on arm-linux and also
tclodbc ..

Any suggestions are welcome

Thx,
Andy

Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:40:12 GMT

1. ! Oracle 8i/9i HTTP Server and Rexx (ObjectRexx for Windows/XP)

2. Build https server with Tcl http server?

3. Plugin: is Tcl needed on Server to access files on server

4. Accessing HTTP servers, wininet.dll

5. login to web server using http 2.0/Tcl

6. passing code from http to TCL using AOL Server

7. Announce: Http Server Programming with Persistent Perl and Tcl

8. Anybody access MS SQL Server from Tcl (NT)

9. C55 SQL Server APP GPFing at app exit

10. Clipper Apps under NT4.0 Server (Backoffice Small Bus Server)

11. VO Succesfuly created a Client/Server app using VO and MS-SQL Server

12. tcl http with HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"