ANNC: Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 done for threads for windows (binaries)
Author Message
 ANNC: Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 done for threads for windows (binaries)

Just unzip them into an existing 8.4.1 or 8.4.0 install.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
--

Tomasoft Engineering, Hayward, CA
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:39:40 GMT
 ANNC: Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 done for threads for windows (binaries)

Hi Dave:-)

Quote:
> Just unzip them into an existing 8.4.1 or 8.4.0 install.
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1616&release_id...

Don't you have the permissions, as part of the core team, to put these
someplace a little more official?  Just a thought...

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:01:02 GMT
 ANNC: Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 done for threads for windows (binaries)

Quote:

>Hi Dave:-)

>> Just unzip them into an existing 8.4.1 or 8.4.0 install.

>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1616&release_id...

>Don't you have the permissions, as part of the core team, to put these
>someplace a little more official?  Just a thought...

I could ask Jeff.  He's the release guy.  We would need to come to a formal
decision about the naming convention regarding suffixes so multiple types of
builds can live together gracefully.

for example:

tcl84tsdx.lib

The 'tsdx' part broken down means:

t = has thread support
s = static library
d = symbols, debug
x = use the dynamic msvcrt.dll instead of the static libcmt.lib

Common suffixes used in a TEA environment seem to assume 'g' for debug and 'r'
for threaded.
--

Tomasoft Engineering, Hayward, CA
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 05:45:29 GMT
 ANNC: Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 done for threads for windows (binaries)

Quote:

>Hi Dave:-)

>> Just unzip them into an existing 8.4.1 or 8.4.0 install.

>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1616&release_id...

>Don't you have the permissions, as part of the core team, to put these
>someplace a little more official?  Just a thought...

                        .
                        .
                        .
In the meantime, thank you, DavyGravy.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://phaseit.net/claird/home.html

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:16:01 GMT
 ANNC: Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 done for threads for windows (binaries)
I guess the no thread Tcl/Tk runtime and thread enable runtime could
coexist, right?
And we may need different tclsh to call them.

Chang

Quote:

> >Hi Dave:-)

> >> Just unzip them into an existing 8.4.1 or 8.4.0 install.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1616&release_id...
Quote:

> >Don't you have the permissions, as part of the core team, to put these
> >someplace a little more official?  Just a thought...

> I could ask Jeff.  He's the release guy.  We would need to come to a
formal
> decision about the naming convention regarding suffixes so multiple types
of
> builds can live together gracefully.

> for example:

> tcl84tsdx.lib

> The 'tsdx' part broken down means:

> t = has thread support
> s = static library
> d = symbols, debug
> x = use the dynamic msvcrt.dll instead of the static libcmt.lib

> Common suffixes used in a TEA environment seem to assume 'g' for debug and
'r'
> for threaded.
> --

> Tomasoft Engineering, Hayward, CA
> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 06:29:35 GMT

1. Tcl 7.5 and Tk 4.1 almost done: PC Binary release

2. need blt binaries for tcl/tk 8.4 ( and threads as well)

3. Tcl Thread - Windows Binaries?

4. converting Java app to Tcl/Tk ( new thread for all the tcl/tk itcl gurus)

5. MS-Windows binaries for Tcl/Tk 8.4.12...

6. Tcl/Tk binary release for window 98

7. ANNOUNCE: BLT 2.4o for Tcl/Tk 8.3 Windows binary

8. Binary distribution for Windows of incr Tcl/Tk and BLT for 8.0

9. Install problem: Tcl 7.6 and Tk 4.2 for Windows, Binary Distribution

10. ANNC: Official Thread extension comes to the surface.

11. ANNC: Official Thread extension comes to the surface.

12. Tcl/Tk 8.2.3 and Tcl/Tk 8.3.0 under windows