tk: substitute default font if font request fails?
Author Message
 tk: substitute default font if font request fails?

I use an X terminal with a limited selection of fonts.  In particular,
many of the fonts requested by the standard tk files aren't available.

Is there any way, short of editing every tk file to change the fonts,
of getting tk to substitute a default font when its desired ones
aren't there?

I'm quite happy to give it a list of fonts that I have, but I'd rather
only give it once.  (And, when I use a different terminal, I'd like it
to use the full range again, of course.)

In short, I'd like it to behave more like other X apps: a failed font
request shouldn't be a fatal error, in most cases.
--
Bruce                    Institute of Advanced Scientific Computing

Sat, 23 Mar 1996 20:04:33 GMT

1. Default font for wish and/or Font tool availability

2. Deperately seeking Tk font expertise (was Re: TIP #64: Improvements to Windows Font Handling)

3. Tk system fonts don't match actual system fonts

4. default font size in tk

5. Change Tk default font on HP-UNIX

6. Default fonts for tk

7. How to set the tk default font

8. Setting the default font in TK.

9. Q: Default font for Tk widgets.

10. Changing Tk default font SIZE ?

11. Tk default font size

12. Adapt to user requested font changes in Tk on Windows