ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.3 released
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.3 released

This message announces the release of freeWrap version 5.3

The freeWrap program turns TCL/TK scripts into single-file binary
executable programs. freeWrap can wrap TCL/TK applications that consist of
multiple script and binary files. freeWrap combines all the files together
into a single executable file.

freeWrap 5.3 is based on TCL/TK 8.3.4
freeWrap 5.3b is based on TCL/TK 8.4b1

freeWrap executables are freely available for both Linux and Windows.

Instructions and source code for building freeWrap on both Windows and UNIX
platforms is also freely available.

The following additional variations of freeWrap are also available for
download:

     freewrapBLT         a windowing application that includes TCL/TK and
the BLT extension (TCL/TK 8.3 based freeWrap only)
     freewrapTCLSH       a console-only application which includes only TCL.

Please visit the freeWrap home page:

          http://www.*-*-*.com/

Changes implemented in version 5.3
------------------------------------

1) Corrected problems that occurred when using spaces or backslashes (\)
   in the file-to-wrap path.

   This bug fix eliminates the following problems that would sometimes occur
   when wrapping an application.

   a) A blank WISH main window displayed on screen but there was no program
generated.
   b) A ZIP file was produced instead of an executable.
   c) The original source file was replaced with an encrypted version.
   d) An executable file was created but it would only display a blank main
window
      and a console window.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 07:25:29 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.3 released

i can't understand how could you all explorer the homepage of
sourceforge ,it can't be entered ,is there something changed?Or it has
been closed ?

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:30:43 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.3 released

Quote:

> [cut]
> Instructions and source code for building freeWrap on both Windows and UNIX
> platforms is also freely available.

Are there any docs on how to build freewrap using cygwin/mingw?

I tried some time ago, but with no success. The Tcl code thrown an error
at some point in general/main.c (which was quite difficult to trace,
since it didn't print it anywhere).

Maybe somebody else has done it? If so, please help me.

--
WK

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:08:36 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.3 released

:i can't understand how could you all explorer the homepage of
:sourceforge ,it can't be entered ,is there something changed?Or it has
:been closed ?

I am sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking.  When I go
to http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/ , I certainly am able to enter a
page that says things like:

freeWrap

Builds stand-alone TCL/TK executables. No compiler required!

OR

Use it as a single-file WISH shell

hosted by: SourceForge Logo
Description
The freewrap program turns TCL/TK scripts into single-file binary executable programs.

The resulting program can be distributed to machines that do not have TCL/TK installed. The executable will also work on machines that have TCL/TK installed but will use its own TCL/TK "image". freeWrap itself does not need TCL/TK installed to run.

The freeWrap program is a TCL/TK script that has been attached to a single-file version of the WISH shell program. The single-file WISH was created with the help of the ZIP Virtual File System (ZVFS) by D. Richard Hipp (See http://www.hwaci.com/sw/tobe/ for details on ZVFS).

--
Tcl'2002 Sept 16, 2002, Vancouver, BC http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:47:34 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Release of freeWrap version 5.5

2. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap version 5.4 released

3. ANNOUNCE: Freewrap version 2.0 released

4. ANNOUNCE: Visual Ada Developer(VAD) version 5.3 Leonid Dulman

5. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 6.2 released - Now with encryption

6. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 6.1 released

7. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 6.0 released

8. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.61 released

9. ANNOUNCE: freeWrap 5.6 released