Problem found
Author Message
 Problem found

I am posting this follow-up just for the reference
of those who will suffer simialar problems,
just to close it.
Sorry guru ladies and gentleman but you could be more
friendly for newbies if you would really to promote
Tcl as your creation.

I finally discovered what exaclty was wrong.
In the linker options, somehow, it was a definition
/subsystem:windows and everything start working ok after
I have specified /subsystem:console

Please refere here for the Visual C++ 6.0 compiler linker
options explaination or post a follow-up question:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

There are exact compiler/linker options that I have now
(Visual C++ 60), Active Tcl 834:

COMPILER:
/nologo /MDd /W3 /Gm /GX /ZI /Od /I "$(QTDIR)\include" /I "..\dimalib"
/I "../corelib" /I "../plclib" /I "../plclib\MSWin.VS60" /I
"$(TCL_INCLUDE)" /D "_DEBUG" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "QT_DLL" /D

LINKER:
$(TCL_LIB)\tcl83d.lib $(QTDIR)\lib\qt-mt230nc.lib
$(QTDIR)\lib\qtmain.lib /nologo /subsystem:console /incremental:yes
/pdb:"d:\soft\debug/dmqt.pdb" /debug /machine:I386
/nodefaultlib:"msvcrt.lib" /out:"d:\soft\debug/dmqt.exe" /pdbtype:sept

Again, Qt has nothing to do with it.
Good luck,
DM

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:56:10 GMT
 Problem found

                        .
                        .
                        .
Quote:
>Sorry guru ladies and gentleman but you could be more
>friendly for newbies if you would really to promote
>Tcl as your creation.

>I finally discovered what exaclty was wrong.
>In the linker options, somehow, it was a definition
>/subsystem:windows and everything start working ok after
>I have specified /subsystem:console

                        .
                        .
                        .
So what needs to change to help others?  Is there
something flawed in the distribution source/docu-
mentation/...?
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:32:31 GMT

1. Problem finding dll's

2. Having a problem finding caci.ini????

3. fxscintilla problems finding fox lib on Solaris

4. Possible problem found in version 1.6.3...

5. Having problem finding SB int vector - help please

6. Installer Problem Finding Modules

7. Problems Finding and installing Tkinter

8. Problem finding _socket from pythonwin

9. Solution to menu problem FOUND no need to reply

10. Problem finding modules

11. problem finding libtcl7.5.so

12. tkman on linux: problem finding the catx volumes