Serial comm: RTS handling fot Tcl 8.3
Author Message
 Serial comm: RTS handling fot Tcl 8.3

Hello,

Is it possible to handle directly from Tcl<8.4 the RS-232 RTS (Request To  Send) signal ?
For Tcl 8.4 it's possible via 'fconfigure -ttycontol' , but I need this function for several
people with 8.3.3.

Thanks in advance,
        Alexandr Bravo

Mon, 09 May 2005 21:32:00 GMT
 Serial comm: RTS handling fot Tcl 8.3
Privjet Tanja,

you may try to use WinCom - the father of Tcl 8.4's
new serial port features:

http://home.t-online.de/home/rolf.schroedter/wincom/WinCom.html

Hope this helps.

Poka,
Rolf.

Alexandr E. Bravo schrieb:

Quote:
> Hello,

> Is it possible to handle directly from Tcl<8.4 the RS-232 RTS (Request To  Send) signal ?
> For Tcl 8.4 it's possible via 'fconfigure -ttycontol' , but I need this function for several
> people with 8.3.3.

> Thanks in advance,
>    Alexandr Bravo

Rolf Schroedter
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Space Sensor Technology and Planetary Exploration
D-12489 Berlin, Rutherfordstrasse 2
Tel/Fax:  (+49) (30) 67055-416/384

Mon, 09 May 2005 21:59:19 GMT
 Serial comm: RTS handling fot Tcl 8.3
Correction:

Privjet Sascha (not Tanja).

Sorry,
Rolf.

Rolf Schroedter schrieb:
 > Privjet Tanja,

Rolf Schroedter
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Space Sensor Technology and Planetary Exploration
D-12489 Berlin, Rutherfordstrasse 2
Tel/Fax:  (+49) (30) 67055-416/384

Mon, 09 May 2005 22:05:59 GMT
 Serial comm: RTS handling fot Tcl 8.3

| Is it possible to handle directly from Tcl<8.4 the RS-232 RTS
| (Request To Send) signal ?  For Tcl 8.4 it's possible via
| 'fconfigure -ttycontol' , but I need this function for several
| people with 8.3.3.

Just dike the relevant code out of tcl 8.4.x and make a small loadable
package from it.  Been there, done that, works like a charm.

R'

Tue, 10 May 2005 01:27:52 GMT

1. cross-version voodoo: handling 8.3 / 8.4 private structure changes

2. Stubs with Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4

3. CONST Tcl 8.3 vs Tcl 8.4

4. Looking for the Tcl Plugin that is based on Tcl 8.3

5. Old tcl programs don't work - equality operator in tcl 8.3

6. Tcl plugin and TCL 8.3

7. Serial Comm w/Tcl

8. python,tkinter,tcl/tk 8.3

9. Python 1.5.2 and Tcl/Tk 8.3

10. Python 2.0 + Tkinter + tcl/tk 8.3 (RH7.0)

11. tkinter and tcl/tk 8.3

12. Tcl/Tk 8.3 and Python 1.5.2