.button "configure" returns wrong information
Author Message
 .button "configure" returns wrong information

Tk 8.1b1 Bug:  Generated by Scriptics' bug entry form at

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

------

Submitted by:  Bryan Oakley
OperatingSystem:  Windows NT
OperatingSystemVersion:  4.0
Extensions:  (none)
CustomShell:  (none)
Synopsis:  .button "configure" returns wrong information

ReproducibleScript:
Run the following script both in 8.0.4 and 8.1b1 wish shells. You will
notice that the output is different between the two shells.

    puts "patchlevel: [info patchlevel]"
    catch {destroy .button .frame}
    button .button
    frame .frame
    puts "button synonyms:"
    foreach item [.button configure] {
        if {[llength $item] == 2} {
            puts "    $item"
        }
    }

    puts "frame synonyms:"
    foreach item [.frame configure] {
        if {[llength $item] == 2} {
            puts "    $item"
        }
    }

ObservedBehavior:
In 8.1b1, buttons report incorrect information for the option synonyms.
Other widgets report synonyms as the option name and option class name
(eg: -bd borderWidth). But for buttons the second element of the list is
the name of an option instead of the classname.

DesiredBehavior:
I expect the output from the script to be the same between 8.0.4 and
8.1b1.

Comments:
This bug is what is preventing the quite impressive "bwidgets" from
running under 8.1b1.

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 .button "configure" returns wrong information

Quote:

> ObservedBehavior:
> In 8.1b1, buttons report incorrect information for the option synonyms.
> Other widgets report synonyms as the option name and option class name
> (eg: -bd borderWidth). But for buttons the second element of the list is
> the name of an option instead of the classname.

> DesiredBehavior:
> I expect the output from the script to be the same between 8.0.4 and
> 8.1b1.

> Comments:
> This bug is what is preventing the quite impressive "bwidgets" from
> running under 8.1b1.

That's weird! I can't get it to work on 8.0.4+ but it works fine on
8.1b1.  Weird.

Penguin Power!

Laurent Duperval - CGI
5 Place Ville Marie, Suite 1600 South, Montreal H3B 2G2
Tel: (514) 870-0879  Fax: (514) 391-2212

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Return us "Cancel" button during compilation

2. Characters "?", "?", "ΓΌ" shown in wrong font

3. configure "ini" file

4. "configure top-level entity"??

5. configuring "generated" components

6. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

7. ".w configure" for self defined widgets

8. TclError: bad option "<whatever>": must be cget or configure

9. bad option "delete": must configure

10. "./configure" on SUNOS

11. bug in Tk "configure" command

12. button configure -relief is wrong