Intermittent env(OS) not found error
Author Message
 Intermittent env(OS) not found error

I receive intermittent errors regarding env(OS).  Sometimes it is valid and
sometimes it is not.  I am using fileevent for a pipe in Windows (this is
supposed to be a no-no).

Any ideas?

Robert Wagnon
Acumen Consulting Corporation

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Intermittent env(OS) not found error

Quote:

> I receive intermittent errors regarding env(OS).  Sometimes it is valid and
> sometimes it is not.  I am using fileevent for a pipe in Windows (this is
> supposed to be a no-no).

What about 'tcl_platform(os)' ?

--
Sincerely,

                        <http://www.westend.com/~kupries/>

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Intermittent env(OS) not found error

Thank you.  Although our real problem is probably pipes on Windows, your
suggestion is excellent and will prevent a lot of problems when we start our
cross platform testing.

For those who are unaware of the best test for platform, here is what I have
found (thanks to Andreas):

Crossplatform
$tcl_platform(OS)

On NT
$env(OS)

On Unix
$env(OSTYPE)

The only useful check is $tcl_platform(OS).

Quote:

>> I receive intermittent errors regarding env(OS).  Sometimes it is valid
and
>> sometimes it is not.  I am using fileevent for a pipe in Windows (this is
>> supposed to be a no-no).

>What about 'tcl_platform(os)' ?

>--
>Sincerely,

> <http://www.westend.com/~kupries/>

----

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ITS NOT A VIRUS, ITS A 404 ERROR, FILE NOT FOUND

2. ITS NOT A VIRUS, ITS A 404 ERROR, FILE NOT FOUND

3. Intermittent VM 5302, VM5305 Errors

4. Finding errors in TS 3.10 for OS/2

5. Intermittent run time error in DVF 5.0d

6. Repost: Intermittent error dialog using BWidget combobox....

7. Intermittent error dialog using BWidget combobox....

8. HRESULT Error: Parameter not found. (FACILITY_DISPATCH)

9. Curious 'File Not Found' Error

10. WikiWorks - config\localwikis.ini not found error

11. Error - Record not found (35)

12. "entry point not found" error