expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account
Author Message
 expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account

Hi all,
I have a remote ftp account to a directory with 40 GO of files in a
tree of directories.
I have a list of 175000 path/filenames coming from that ftp account
(same arborescence).
I would like to write an expect script that connect to the ftp account,
browse the three and get all files that are not in my list.
does anybody ever write such a script or knows where to find infos that
could help me.
many thanks

Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:03:34 GMT
 expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account

Quote:

> Hi all,
> I have a remote ftp account to a directory with 40 GO of files in a
> tree of directories.
> I have a list of 175000 path/filenames coming from that ftp account
> (same arborescence).
> I would like to write an expect script that connect to the ftp account,
> browse the three and get all files that are not in my list.
> does anybody ever write such a script or knows where to find infos that
> could help me.
> many thanks

Iw ould recommend NOT using expect, but rather use the ftp
package in tcllib to directly acces the FTP server

Bruce

Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:49:14 GMT
 expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account

Quote:

>> Hi all,
>> I have a remote ftp account to a directory with 40 GO of files in a
>> tree of directories.
>> I have a list of 175000 path/filenames coming from that ftp account
>> (same arborescence).
>> I would like to write an expect script that connect to the ftp account,
>> browse the three and get all files that are not in my list.
>> does anybody ever write such a script or knows where to find infos that
>> could help me.
>> many thanks

>Iw ould recommend NOT using expect, but rather use the ftp
>package in tcllib to directly acces the FTP server

>Bruce

Me, too.  I'll say it in a slightly different way:  while
there was a time when Expect was the preferred vehicle for
such solutions, and it still can do them, in 2005, I prefer
to rely on tcllib <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/tcllib > for
problems like this one.

Mon, 10 Sep 2007 03:08:03 GMT
 expect:ftp:downloading new files from a huge ftp account
many thanks for this info :)

Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:18:18 GMT

1. New files available at ftp://ftp.aud.alcatel.com Archive

2. Squeak FTP site established: ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak

3. My ftp site (ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper)

4. new ftp engine at my ftp site!

5. Expect: sending larger files with ftp-inband

6. How to EXPECT a dir from ftp files

7. "Captured" FTP account

8. New INDEX file for ftp.markv.com

9. I can't ftp ftp.smli.com

10. Passive FTP to ftp.sunlabs.com

11. FTP downloading from web-Help?

12. Sending mails/automatic ftp download