looking for an archive of examples, or a book of examples
Author Message
 looking for an archive of examples, or a book of examples

Hi there,

I am a Tcl/Tk newbie. Could someone out there point me to an archive of
Tk examples or to some good book containing lots of examples.

thanks,
bye,
--
                        Jayaram Mulupuru
218 N Hyland Avenue #302             237 Wilhelm, Scalable Computing Laboratory

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for an archive of examples, or a book of examples
Hi Jayaram!
I started with tcl/tk a few weeks ago. And the good book from Brent Welch
helped me a lot to start up with tcl. The book is for the latest version (Tcl
7.4, Tk 4.0) and it contains a lot of good described examples. I found this
book a bit better to read in than the one of John Ousterhout which describes
the language much shorter, but good as well. But this book is, as far as I know
for older versions of Tcl/Tk.
You can find a postscript-file of the Welch book at:

        ftp://parcftp.xerox.com/pub/sprite/welch/tclbooks.ps

You need about 450 pages if you print the whole book.

The book is good to read in, but later on you'll use more and more the
manual-pages of tcl/tk...

                Goeran

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. example and testbench archive?

2. Comp.Lang.Verilog Example Archive?

3. nephyte needs f83 examples & examples

4. nephyte needs f83 examples & examples

5. nephyte needs f83 examples & examples

6. Aef's examples: DDE example ( dde.zip 1/3)

7. Aef's examples: DDE example (dde.zip 0/3)

8. Aef's examples:DDE example (dde.zip3/3)

9. Aef's examples: DDE example (dde.zip 2/3)

10. Announce: TimingAnalyzer Diagram Examples, Scripting Examples, App Note

11. Announce: TimingAnalyzer Diagram Examples, Scripting Examples, App Note

12. Arpack example not clear, any simpler examples