Oratcl
Author Message
 Oratcl

Hello everybody

Does anybody know if there still is an "Oratcl" in Oracle's
distribution of Oracle10g, as it was in earlier distributions (9i, 8i,
...)?

When there where concerns about Oratcl's ability to support "enterprise
solutions" I usually (and successfully) could point out that "even
Oracle uses it".

However,  the 10g documentation set doesn't seem to mention Oratcl any
more?
Any hints?

Thanks,
Manfred

Tue, 05 Aug 2008 21:22:22 GMT
 Oratcl
I never used Oracle's tcl possibilities, but I do see an "oratclsh.exe" and
a tcl82.dll in the bin directory of my Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 installation.
This link suggests that it is just for migrating from earlier versions:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b16242/migra...

Harm

Quote:
> Hello everybody

> Does anybody know if there still is an "Oratcl" in Oracle's
> distribution of Oracle10g, as it was in earlier distributions (9i, 8i,
> ...)?

> When there where concerns about Oratcl's ability to support "enterprise
> solutions" I usually (and successfully) could point out that "even
> Oracle uses it".

> However,  the 10g documentation set doesn't seem to mention Oratcl any
> more?
> Any hints?

> Thanks,
> Manfred

Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:33:04 GMT
 Oratcl
Hello Harm,
thanks for the hint.

Thus, Oratcl is still there, but supposed to serve as a migration tool
only.
Probably marked as "deprecated" within Oracle?

Of course, http://sourceforge.net/projects/oratcl is alive and does a
very good job.
However, seeing Oracle supporting their own variant of Oratcl
suggested an additional level of "continuous support" and offered
a nice on-board-tool to cross- an doublecheck with Open Source Oratcl.

Manfred

Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:08:24 GMT

1. Oratcl logon problems on SunOS with oratcl-2.3 and Oracle 7.2.3

2. oratcl versions

3. Announce:: Oratcl 4.4 now available on sourceforge.net

4. Oratcl Bind Question

5. oratcl and collections

6. oratcl arm-linux: ORACLE 9i Client Libs ??

7. Oratcl

8. Poll of Oratcl Users for feature enhancement.

9. Oratcl 4.3 html page is out of sync with downloaded zipfile for windows

10. Problem with oratcl with HP-UX 11i v1

11. Oratcl and fetching a clob

12. Oratcl 4.3 crash with Oracle9i on windows