Embedded Tk Windows on WIN32?
Author Message
 Embedded Tk Windows on WIN32?

Hi

I am trying to get a Tk toplevel window embedded in a WIN32 window, but
currently without much success. Using the "-use <hwnd>" option with the
"toplevel" does get a Tk window created as a child window of my WIN32
host, but I can't get it to size or update correctly or indeed to do
anything useful at all.

The Tk window gets created with a 1x1 pixel size and it's not clear to
me how to get it to size to the client area of the host window. I tried
sizing the Tk window directly thru its' hWnd , but then it doesn't
update correctly. I guess that was a bad idea. Also any widgets I pack
into the toplevel also refuse to size correctly.

Does anyone know of any examples or guidelines for how I can get an
emmbedded Tk toplevel widget to behave as an ordinary toplevel would?

Any and all infos are appreciated - thanks in advance

-dave shepherd

===
o David Shepherd
o Software Author
o T/F (+49) 7557-91015

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Embedded Tk Windows on WIN32?

Quote:

>I am trying to get a Tk toplevel window embedded in a WIN32 window, but
>currently without much success. Using the "-use <hwnd>" option with the
>"toplevel" does get a Tk window created as a child window of my WIN32
>host, but I can't get it to size or update correctly or indeed to do

As I understand it, the -use/-container options for toplevels are
only fully implemented (properly) on X.  They are in a "working"
state for other platforms, enough that the Tk plugin works.  The
future release of v2.0b1 of the plugin and Tk8.1 should provide
better implementations for our perusing pleasure.

--
    Jeffrey Hobbs               "I'm really just a Tcl-bot"
    jeff.hobbs at acm.org | Jeffrey.Hobbs at oen.siemens.de

Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Embedded Tk Windows on WIN32 - update

2. (Repost) Tk 8.2: How to embed main Tk window in own (Win32) app

3. Embedding Tcl/Tk in MFC windows application with real Tk GUI and multithread support

4. Embedding Tcl/Tk im MFC windows application in a multithreaded manner with real Tk GUI support

5. Completely Embedding TCL/TK in Win32

6. Making the Tk toplevel window a child windows of my Win32 app

7. Tk, C, Win32, and Console Windows

8. Compiling tk under Windows and win32 SDK ...

9. problem with embedding Tk windows.

10. CTkView - A C++ class for embedding Tk in MFC windows

11. Embedding Tk inside a C application: windows don't popup

12. ANNOUNCE: Embedded Tk for Windows