ezsmtp 0.8.0 SMTP Mail Sending Library
Author Message
 ezsmtp 0.8.0 SMTP Mail Sending Library

With many apologies to our Windows and Mac friends, I'd like to
annouce the death of ezsmtp 0.7.3 and is resurrection as 0.8.0.
Version 0.7.3 relied on a non-blocking I/O behavior of [read $socket]
that was non-portable.

Version 0.8.0 gets rid of non-blocking timed I/O in favor of a far
simplier, more RFC821-compliant, and more robust blocking I/O scheme
to read the results from the SMTP server.  I've tested on 8.3a1 on
Linux and 8.0 on Windows and Mac with good success.

Please note that ezsmtp::config -readwait and -initwait are no longer
supported or recognized by this version due to the above.

What:    ezsmtp "Easy" SMTP Email-sending package for Tcl

Where:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
          http://www.*-*-*.com/

Why:
    I needed a simple, cross-platform, pure-tcl method for sending
    email from some of my cron scripts on Unix and GUIs on Mac/WinNT a
    year or so ago.  Existing implementations were either inflexible
    or required compiled code.  Used every day for our internal CVS
    change logs and for email lightning notifications at
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Version:
    0.8.0 released 1999-10-27

Changes (since last announced version 0.7.3):
    For full details, see the ChangeLog file.
    - Use blocking I/O (no longer timed) to read results from SMTP
      server.
    - Removed ezsmtp::config -readwait and -initwait options
    - Updated install.tcl GUI to look closer to an expected Windows
      installer wizard.  Text/tclsh version remains the same.

Requires:
    Tcl 8.0 or newer with working TCP/IP sockets (e.g., 8.1.1
    on Windows will not work).

Supercedes:
    smtp.tcl package from myself or from Keith Vetter and prior
    versions of ezsmtp.

Install:
    Run the enclosed install.tcl script with either tclsh or wish
    from the extracted directory.

Example:
    package require ezsmtp

            -subject "Your Software" -body "This software Rules!"

Documentation:
    See the enclosed ezsmtp.txt doc.

Contributors:
    Please see the README file for full details.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ezsmtp 1.0 SMTP Mail Sending Library

2. send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown

3. ezsmtp 0.7.3 SMTP Email Sending Package

4. ezsmtp pure-tcl simple mail sending package

5. how to send mail with python using SMTP ?

6. Sent Mail via SMTP-server: strange size limit

7. Problem sending mail with tcllib/smtp and mime

8. SMTP question (using ezsmtp)

9. Any SMTP AUTH servers available for ezsmtp?

10. Comment? ezsmtp 0.9 supports non-ascii mail

11. sending mail with catalyst socket tools library edition

12. Mail Send library