3D simulation with TCL/TK, and OpenGL?
Author Message
 3D simulation with TCL/TK, and OpenGL?

Quote:

> greetings:

>         I am considering using TCL/TK as GUI for my master thesis.  My
> thesis involves 3D simulations, and possiblely real-time animation.

I think it is an excellent environment (Tcl/Tk/Gl) to work with. I
have used the glxwin extension written by

Quote:
>Michael Halle
>Spatial Imaging Group
>MIT Media Laboratory

You can get it from the FAQS. I plan to modify it for opengl if
Michael Hall does not do it. I also am giving some thought to
make this glxwin extension carry over to the windows environment.
I think once you add some 3d camera viewing mechanism and image io
It is fully a great environment. I lifted some sgi trackball code
to  do the 3d viewing manipulation stuff.

        Good Luck,

                    Art Morel
                    Visual Technologies

                    805-967-0661 Work
                    805-967-0661 Fax

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 3D simulation with TCL/TK, and OpenGL?

greetings:

        I am considering using TCL/TK as GUI for my master thesis.  My
thesis involves 3D simulations, and possiblely real-time animation.  So
far, I am thinking of TCL/TK + OpenGL as a tool package rather than
OpenGL/Motif since 1) TCL/TK is scripting language, and 2) Motif isn't
free, and 3) there is a free OpenGL (Mesa) in Linux.

        Can someone please comment on this approach?  by 3D
simulation/animation I mean:

        1) displaying 3D point clauds (or 3D mesh)
        2) rotation/translation of such claud/mesh, updates itself
whenever mouse/keyboard button(s) is released
        3) resizing,
        4) hyper-text style of menus.

most of the simulation/animation will be written in OpenGL/C, using
TCL/TK as GUI (instead of Motif).

any input is very much appreciated.

Elvis

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 3D simulation with TCL/TK, and OpenGL?

[...]
: You can get it from the FAQS. I plan to modify it for opengl if
: Michael Hall does not do it. I also am giving some thought to
: make this glxwin extension carry over to the windows environment.
: I think once you add some 3d camera viewing mechanism and image io
: It is fully a great environment. I lifted some sgi trackball code
: to  do the 3d viewing manipulation stuff.

Ever tried Togl? (http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~brianp/Togl.html)

An application using Togl can be found on
http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~rschultz/shellylh.html/

cu,
--

Anglizismen sind out!

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 3D simulation with TCL/TK, and OpenGL?

Quote:

>[...]
>: You can get it from the FAQS. I plan to modify it for opengl if
>: Michael Hall does not do it. I also am giving some thought to
>: make this glxwin extension carry over to the windows environment.
>: I think once you add some 3d camera viewing mechanism and image io
>: It is fully a great environment. I lifted some sgi trackball code
>: to  do the 3d viewing manipulation stuff.

>Ever tried Togl? (http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~brianp/Togl.html)

Has this Togl widget been ported to Windows NT by any chance?

If not, I may have some interest in doing that, if there is no such project
underway yet...

        - Jeroen

Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. An OpenGL based 3D modeling extension for Tcl/Tk

2. A simple OpenGL 3D modeling extension for Tcl/Tk

3. OpenGL module and Tk/OpenGL widget for NT?

4. OpenGL Bindings for Tcl/Tk 8.4

5. Link TCL/TK 8.3 and openGL

6. tom-0.1 (OpenGL wrapper for Tcl/Tk)

7. combining OPENGL and TCL/Tk

8. Tcl/Tk and Opengl: Information

9. tcl/tk + opengl

10. Some basic problems with OpenGL and Tcl/Tk

11. opengl in tcl/tk plus compiler

12. precompiled tcl/tk +opengl: Togl ?