tcl80.dll for tcl8.0.3 doesn't contain underscore identifiers
Author Message
 tcl80.dll for tcl8.0.3 doesn't contain underscore identifiers

I had problems to let my custom tk80.dll run together with the
tcl80.dll from the binary distribution of Tcl8.0.3 (tcl803.exe).

My wish80 failed because _Tcl_Write was not found in tcl80.dll

With the tcl80.dll compiled from the sources all were ok.
Turned out that the binary distributed tcl80.dll doesn't contain
the underscored functions exported by the borlandish tcl80.lib.
ei ei scriptics boys, did you stealthy switch to the ms-compiler ?-)

(tcl80.dll for tcl8.0p2 still contains the underscored functions)
Leo

--
Leo Schubert, Brueckner&Jarosch Ing.-GmbH Erfurt, Germany 99084

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 tcl80.dll for tcl8.0.3 doesn't contain underscore identifiers

Quote:
>I had problems to let my custom tk80.dll run together with the
>tcl80.dll from the binary distribution of Tcl8.0.3 (tcl803.exe).

>My wish80 failed because _Tcl_Write was not found in tcl80.dll

>With the tcl80.dll compiled from the sources all were ok.
>Turned out that the binary distributed tcl80.dll doesn't contain
>the underscored functions exported by the borlandish tcl80.lib.
>ei ei scriptics boys, did you stealthy switch to the ms-compiler ?-)

I forgot to mention that also cw3215mt.dll was missing when running
my custom wish80/tk80.dll .
That means extension writers will have problems if they compile there
extension dll's with borland.

--
Leo Schubert, Brueckner&Jarosch Ing.-GmbH Erfurt, Germany 99084

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. Oberon/F and underscores in foreign-code identifiers

3. Expect install: directory doesn't contain private headers

4. Python20, tcl8.3.2 , IDLE 0.6, mainloop doesn't terminate

5. python20, tcl8.3.2, IDLE 0.6, mainloop doesn't terminate

6. {Bug Tcl8.3] System encoding map doesn't cater for Redhat Japanese

7. tcl80.dll

8. Installation location of tcl80.dll

9. Exception when tcl80.dll unloads

10. missing entry points in Tcl80.dll

11. Tcl_SetErrorCode entry point in tcl80.dll

12. tkdesk on fedora core 5 -- doesn't run, doesn't compile