How to compare two files line-by-line
Author Message
 How to compare two files line-by-line

I need to compare two text files, line by line. How could I do using a loop in Tcl ?
Thanks.

Jamil.

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 05:26:52 GMT
 How to compare two files line-by-line

Quote:

>I need to compare two text files, line by line. How could I do using a
>loop in Tcl ?

                        .
                        .
                        .
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://phaseit.net/claird/home.html

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 05:34:28 GMT
 How to compare two files line-by-line
# I need to compare two text files, line by line. How could I do using a loop in Tcl ?
# Thanks.

If you want to do what diff does, and diff is available on your system, exec diff...
or open |diff... would be the easiest.

What kind of convenience store do you run here?

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:08:59 GMT

1. Two lines to one line

2. SGI: Breaking a format line into two lines

3. BLT: How to fill under a line or between two lines

4. Q: Compare lines of files

5. how to compare two columns in two files?

6. Need to split file with two reports per line

7. HowTo? : convert file, take two line parts

8. Ranges in AWK (file name is two lines down)

9. reversing lines char by char, but not the line order in a file

10. Search file and print line + next line?

11. how to read text files line by line?

12. reading file line by line