how to statically link against tcl84.lib, tk84.lib, tclx84.lib?
Author Message
 how to statically link against tcl84.lib, tk84.lib, tclx84.lib?

I am using VC++ 7.0 and ActiveTcl 8.4.7 (which
is installed under C:\Tcl).

I've added tcl84.lib, tk84.lib, tclx84.lib to my
C++ project (which builds a DLL).

Everything compiles fine.
However, when I use the application that references
the DLL, it issues an error message indicating that
"tclx84.dll cannot be found".

Note: I've added both C:\Tcl\lib and C:\Tcl\lib\tclx8.4
to the search path for libraries.

Presently, I resolve this issue by just copying tclx84.dll
to C:\WINDOWS -- and then things work.
--

Sun, 26 Aug 2007 05:56:53 GMT
 how to statically link against tcl84.lib, tk84.lib, tclx84.lib?

George

Quote:
>I am using VC++ 7.0 and ActiveTcl 8.4.7 (which
> is installed under C:\Tcl).

> I've added tcl84.lib, tk84.lib, tclx84.lib to my
> C++ project (which builds a DLL).

> Everything compiles fine.
> However, when I use the application that references
> the DLL, it issues an error message indicating that
> "tclx84.dll cannot be found".

> Note: I've added both C:\Tcl\lib and C:\Tcl\lib\tclx8.4
> to the search path for libraries.

> Presently, I resolve this issue by just copying tclx84.dll
> to C:\WINDOWS -- and then things work.
> --

Mon, 27 Aug 2007 03:11:28 GMT

1. Statically Linking tcl.lib and tk.lib into a standalone .exe file

2. linking to tk84.lib fails

3. Linking sqldedev.lib, desktopenginedeploy.lib to my app: unsupported recordtype 21

4. Static vs Shared: Linking tcl83s.lib vs tcl83.lib

5. Statically linking a Fortran .lib into a C++ .dll

6. How to link statically with python15.lib....

7. S87 - Libraries (NL187.LIB & NLEXT87.LIB)

8. sup3552.lib & classy.lib

9. funcky.lib - overcl.lib

10. Need Clipon.lib and Super35.lib

11. Need old lib file - expand.lib

12. I'm looking for two libraries: mlibca.lib, ct.lib