Compiling TK : configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables
Author Message
 Compiling TK : configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables

Hi,
   I've tried configuring TK by following the 'How to compile TCL'
instructions at http://www.*-*-*.com/
occured when I type ./configure. The output at the shell is like this
:

checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables

Please advise what to do.

Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:38:41 GMT
 Compiling TK : configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables

Quote:

>Hi,
>   I've tried configuring TK by following the 'How to compile TCL'
>instructions at http://www.tcl.tk/doc/howto/compile.html. Problem
>occured when I type ./configure. The output at the shell is like this
>:

>checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
>checking for gcc... (cached) cc
>checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... no
>configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
>cannot create executables

>Please advise what to do.

It's telling you you lack a working C compiler.  What you
should do is ... get a C compiler that works.

With what operating system are you experimenting?
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net

Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:17:10 GMT

1. configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables

2. Guess why this simple program won't compile/run with your compil

3. Configure error compiling TK4.1

4. Expect 5.28 (configure) compile problem.

5. Tk version... configure: error:

6. small problem in tk 4.2 configure

7. Installing TK 4.1: configure problem with cc/gcc on Solaris 2.5

8. Tk-problem with configure

9. Experiencing a problem during COMPIL

10. Installation of Tk and Tcl (Last minute error)

11. Problem with installation -- error in readline.c

12. Tcl/Tk Path problems in Python 1.5.2 installation