Problem with modal dialog when using Tcl/Tk 8.0
Author Message
 Problem with modal dialog when using Tcl/Tk 8.0

I am using Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows NT. I am trying to create a modal
dialog. I create a toplevel window and use the grab (local) command in
order to make the window to behave like a modal dialog. When I click on
the parent of the dialog window everything seem to be OK (the parent
window does not receive mouse messages / events), except that I can make
it active (which is not OK), and I can even browse the menu of the
parent window and invoke another menu command (which is very bad).

Any hints what could be the problem?

Israel Taller

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with modal dialog when using Tcl/Tk 8.0

I use blt::busy to handle these situations,  usually in conjunction with the
grab.   It shuts off all activity to the parent window and allows you to
provide a "busy" cursor to give the user feedback to that effect.    We also
use it without the grab when doing long operations.

Mon, 05 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with modal dialog when using Tcl/Tk 8.0

Quote:

> I am using Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows NT. I am trying to create a modal
> dialog. I create a toplevel window and use the grab (local) command in
> order to make the window to behave like a modal dialog. When I click on
> the parent of the dialog window everything seem to be OK (the parent
> window does not receive mouse messages / events), except that I can make
> it active (which is not OK), and I can even browse the menu of the
> parent window and invoke another menu command (which is very bad).

> Any hints what could be the problem?

> Israel Taller

I am not sure, but try making the window transient too.

David

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Second Try - Call modal dialog from modal dialog

2. Call modal dialog from modal dialog?

3. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

4. Problems with HP-UX 8.0 and Tcl/TK 8.0

5. Install Program using TCL/TK 8.0 problems w/exec

6. Tcl\tk modal window PROBLEM.

7. Making Tk() as modal dialog

8. Mixing Xevents and Tcl/Tk events with tcl/tk version 8.0/8.2

9. custom Tk_Main using Tcl/Tk 8.0

10. using a C++ DLL with Tcl/tk 8.0

11. Using Tcl/Tk 8.0 as WebStar CGI

12. Using Xlib drawing inside Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows Platform