using exec in windows 98
Author Message
 using exec in windows 98

I've tried to use exec in Win98, but it doesn't seem to work.
for example, i tried the following line
       set d [exec date]
I get an error message "Couldn't exec "date": no such file or directory"
I know this works fine in Linux.

Any suggestions?

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 using exec in windows 98
It's probably because date isn't an executable. It's imbedded in
command.com.

regards,
--
Lars Kaijser
----------------

Advanced Systems & Applications Laboratory Eindhoven

Quote:

>I've tried to use exec in Win98, but it doesn't seem to work.
>for example, i tried the following line
>       set d [exec date]
>I get an error message "Couldn't exec "date": no such file or directory"
>I know this works fine in Linux.

>Any suggestions?

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 using exec in windows 98

Quote:

> I've tried to use exec in Win98, but it doesn't seem to work.
> for example, i tried the following line
>        set d [exec date]
> I get an error message "Couldn't exec "date": no such file or directory"
> I know this works fine in Linux.

> Any suggestions?

The exec command runs a native executable.  You don't have the same
executables
on Windows NT that you're used to on Linux.  You can look for
alternative NT
executables, like those available from Mks.  Or, even better, you can
often use
Tcl-isms to get the same job done.  Like:

        set dateString [clock format [clock seconds]]

        set fileList [glob *.tcl]

Bob

--

Mayo Foundation                                           (507) 284-2702
Rochester MN, 55905 USA   http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/sppdg_home_page.html

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 using exec in windows 98

Quote:

> I've tried to use exec in Win98, but it doesn't seem to work.
> for example, i tried the following line
>        set d [exec date]
> I get an error message "Couldn't exec "date": no such file or directory"
> I know this works fine in Linux.

> Any suggestions?

I don't believe Windows has a date program. (if it does, it would be
called Date.exe) You're probably better off using [clock format [clock
seconds]]

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. using exec in windows nt exec on tcl scripts

2. Crashing when Reading Access Tables using Windows 98

3. Installing Ruby using Windows 98

4. Very elementary help in using Python on Windows 98

5. pkzip and using popen on Windows 98 ???

6. Windows 95/98: Python uses console, not stdio

7. Using Tkinter in windows 98

8. exec how to use for Win 98

9. Tcl 8.1 Q: exec with win 98

10. Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

11. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

12. Windows 98 DDK & Windows in assembly