Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?
Author Message
 Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?

Hi,

I'm trying to update my source tree and I keep getting messages like this:

Updating widget
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
Updating tclbench
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
Updating bwidget
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I've been having them since last night. Is anyone else seing the same
thing?

Murphy's Laws for Frequent Flyers
7.  Only passengers seated in window seats ever have to get up to go to
    the lavatory.
                                                          -

Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:25:17 GMT
 Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?

Quote:

> I'm trying to update my source tree and I keep getting messages like this:

> Updating widget
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
> Updating tclbench
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
> Updating bwidget
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

> I've been having them since last night. Is anyone else seing the same
> thing?

Are you doing this as anonymous, or via a SF user id?  SF has been
cranking down on anonymous CVS access because it has been overloading
their servers.  I rarely have troubles when checking out under my id,
and I just checked to see that that still works fine.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 01:26:37 GMT
 Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?

Quote:

>I'm trying to update my source tree and I keep getting messages like this:
> [...]
>Updating bwidget
>cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

>I've been having them since last night. Is anyone else seing the same
>thing?

Yes, ALL the FREAKING TIME.  (Only with anonymous CVS though,
developer access over ssh has actually gotten better lately.)

From <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1#cvs>:

| (2003-06-19 04:50:08)   Developer CVS performance (via SSH) has stabilized
| at a reasonable level. pserver-based CVS access continues to be served
| off of the CVS backup server. As of the morning of 2003-06-19, the
| connection count for pserver connections has been raised as to permit a
| larger volume of pserver connections at a time. [...]
|
| Users encountering the connection cap (please note that this ONLY
| applies to pserver-based CVS access and DOES NOT deal with SSH-based
| CVS access) will receive either a recv() error or an "end of file from
| server" error. Users encountering this cap should wait a few minutes,
| then retry their connection. The increased connection cap established
| on 2003-06-19 is expected to alleviate most of these issues.

But even today (2003-06-21) I'm still getting recv() errors.

--Joe English

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 03:35:25 GMT
 Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?
Yes, the same error, but I have been getting it for months.
Its very annoying. Also, I have noticed that sf will never
allow more than 2 connections simultanuously. All these
with anonymous cvs, as I never use my sf id :-)

George

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to update my source tree and I keep getting messages like this:

> Updating widget
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)
> Updating tclbench
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)
> Updating bwidget
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

> I've been having them since last night. Is anyone else seing the same
> thing?

> --

> Murphy's Laws for Frequent Flyers
> 7.  Only passengers seated in window seats ever have to get up to go to
>     the lavatory.
>                                                           -

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 05:15:49 GMT
 Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?

Quote:

> Yes, ALL the FREAKING TIME.  (Only with anonymous CVS though,
> developer access over ssh has actually gotten better lately.)

> From <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1#cvs>:

<snip> Ah! That probably explains other errors I'm having. So I  guess
I'll have to do the developer access thing, then.

Thanks,

The zebra is chiefly used to illustrate the letter Z.
                                                          -

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 07:22:26 GMT
 Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?

Quote:

> > Yes, ALL the FREAKING TIME.  (Only with anonymous CVS though,
> > developer access over ssh has actually gotten better lately.)

> > From <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1#cvs>:

> <snip> Ah! That probably explains other errors I'm having. So I  guess
> I'll have to do the developer access thing, then.

That, or repeat the anon access until it works. Thats what I do now,
with some automatic back-off which makes the delays between trials
larger the more often they failed.

Also note: Since a few days ago they are serving anon CVS from their
backup servers, which are _one day behind_ the actual state of the
sources. In other words, anyone doing anon CVS will not get the CVS
head, but the CVS head as of one day ago.

--
Sincerely,

        Private         <http://www.purl.org/NET/akupries/>
Join us at the Tenth Annual Tcl/Tk Conference <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/6274>

}

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:44:00 GMT

1. Anyone else having trouble with GIFs?

2. Having trouble with the HTTP Server vi

3. Bot-kit - having trouble using light sensors

4. Is Clarion Foundry Site Having Trouble?

5. Still having trouble with conversion of ascii file

6. If you are having trouble reaching ISE...

7. Having trouble with Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup Unit

8. Having trouble printing front panel with consistent magins

9. I having trouble using a serial i/o port with LabVIEW

10. Still having trouble with arrays

11. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

12. Having trouble reading HPIB instrument consistently in a GPIB system