scripts to change passwords...
Author Message
 scripts to change passwords...

I hate being blunt, but, does anyone have or know of a .cgi or tcl
w/expect script that /actually/ works under RedHat 5.1, that will allow
a user to change thier passwds?

I have tried several, but I guess that rh's passwd and yppasswd are
fussy and the scripts timeout on the passwd entry phases.....

tia

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 scripts to change passwords...

Quote:

> > I hate being blunt, but, does anyone have or know of a .cgi or tcl
> > w/expect script that /actually/ works under RedHat 5.1, that will allow
> > a user to change thier passwds?

> I tried the suggested solutions in plain Tcl and had to turn to expect
> to properly handle the htpasswd command.  I don't know how that would
> apply to passwd, because unless you run as root, you can only change the
> passwd for the user running the server process.  I hope you are carefully
> guarding it if you are running as root...

> Anyway, this simple expect script does htpasswd without problem:

>     spawn $DIR(HTPASSWD) $DIR(ACCESS_PASSWD) "$user"
>     expect "password:"
>     send "$passwd\r"
>     expect "password:"
>     send "$passwd\r"
>     expect eof

> $DIR(HTPASSWD) is the executable, $DIR(ACCESS_PASSWD) is the htpasswd file,
> and the rest should be self-explanatory.  This is on Solaris 2.5.1 though.

that will work, however, it will not function with passwd.  that is the
one giving the problems.

Don Fox
www.cbsd.org                        "Hey! This tastes pretty good...
The Central Bucks School District             ...what is it?" -Socrates
Web and Unix Adminislave

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Expect Script to Change Password

2. changing unix password via www python script

3. changing unix password via www python script

4. Expect script that automates password changes

5. Change Password over ODBC Connection

6. Executing a change password query

7. DB2/2 CAE - Change Password

8. Password protect Insert/Change/Delete buttons

9. Change the password

10. How does Eudora change server password??

11. Changing Unix passwords from REXX

12. Change NT password with Python