Proposal to add procs for typed options to cmdline module of tcllib package
Author Message
 Proposal to add procs for typed options to cmdline module of tcllib package

Tcl 8.2.3 Request:  Generated by Scriptics' bug entry form at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
------

Submitted by:  Ross Mohn
CVS:  tcllib
OperatingSystem:  All
Extensions:  tcllib
Synopsis:  Proposal to add procs for typed options to cmdline module of tcllib package

DesiredBehavior:
I propose to submit a patch to the cmdline module of the tcllib package to add procs for typed options. This patch will be based on the current typedopts procedure from the tclGetOpts package, which I maintain at http://www.*-*-*.com/ :
    rename typedopts to cmdline::typedGetopt
    possibly add a typedGetoptions?
    make use of the cmdline::usage proc
    fix code to meet the style guide recommendations
    add test cases
    implement in a separate source file?

Comments:
    Comments, please!

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Proposal to add procs for typed options to cmdline module of tcllib package
I'd like to see optional switch arguments too.
ie: a specification which would allow either
  func -opt
or
  func -opt arg

Quote:

--

Sattel Global Networks          818.709.6201 x122

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Proposal to add procs for typed options to cmdline module of tcllib package

Quote:
> I'd like to see optional switch arguments too.
> ie: a specification which would allow either
>   func -opt
> or
>   func -opt arg

I'll look into this also. -RPM
--
Ross Mohn

www.waxandwane.com

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'logger' package added to tcllib CVS

2. add type predicates to types module?

3. Finding Tcllib Module Package dependeciy tree

4. TCLLib cmdline - multiple file names and multiple invocations

5. Examples for tcllib-1.0 (cmdline)

6. cmdline and tcllib 0.3

7. tcllib cmdline::typedGetopt - Preliminary documentation for comment

8. Proposal: add vector arithmetic to array module

9. Copy of module-packages proposal

10. Proposal for module-nesting, as "packages"

11. Problems with DNS package in TCLLIB and the TCLUDP package

12. cmdline package