ANNOUNCEMENT: Tcl Dev Kit (New Tcl tool suite based on TclPro)
Author Message
 ANNOUNCEMENT: Tcl Dev Kit (New Tcl tool suite based on TclPro)

Original url:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
.html

Tcl Dev Kit Now Available
New Tcl tool suite based on TclPro
VANCOUVER, BC, 2002/08/20

ActiveState Corp., the leader in open language-based software,
services, and resources, announces the Tcl Dev Kit 2.0
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;,
ActiveState's major update to the Tcl toolkit, enabling rapid
development and delivery of Tcl applications on the HP-UX, Linux,
Solaris, and Windows platforms. The Tcl Dev Kit 2.0 extends the
functionality of the original TclPro tool set with tool UIs, Tcl 8.4
support, and overall quality improvements.

The Tcl Dev Kit 2.0 gives Tcl developers a powerful suite of
application development tools, similar to those enjoyed by the
thousands of Perl programmers using ActiveState's Perl Dev Kit
< http://www.*-*-*.com/
enhancements to the Tcl Dev Kit are tool UIs added to the Wrapper and
Compiler, making the options for these tools clearer and more
manageable. As well, the debugging coverage option ensures code is
thoroughly tested, and hotspot profiling helps identify performance
bottlenecks.

"The quality of ActiveState's Tcl Dev Kit really shows. It's a lot
more stable and consistent than the open source version [TclPro], and
it has a really intuitive user interface," said Joe Mistachkin,
Principal Software Engineer of TCLBridge
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;I use ActiveState's Tcl Dev Kit in the
development of TCLBridge and find the de{*filter*} is great at handling
all facets of source-level Tcl debugging, allowing me to get work done
more quickly and accurately."

Tcl Dev Kit 2.0 features and benefits:

    TclPro Checker - Batch mode static code analyzer from command
                                    prompt checks for errors as you write
code

    TclPro De{*filter*} - Powerful Tcl debugging capabilities including
                                    remote debugging

    TclPro Wrapper - Deploy Tcl programs as ready-to-run executables
                                    for HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows

    TclPro Compiler - A pre-compiler for obfuscating your code from
                                    prying eyes

The Tcl Dev Kit is available for $295. It is also provided as part of
ActiveState's complete Tcl programming bundle, ASPN Tcl
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;, for $495. The ASPN Tcl bundle
also contains: a Tcl-enabled version of ActiveState's Komodo IDE for
open languages, online access to Tcl resources including the Tcl
Cookbook, interactive tools, and ASPN's comprehensive programming
resources.

About ActiveState Corp.
ActiveState is the leader in open language-based software, services,
and resources. Our solutions are used by 72% of the Fortune 500 and
encompass cross-platform and Web services development, and server-side
email management. Our key technologies are Perl, PHP, Python, Tcl, and
XSLT. ActiveState's solutions empower people through computing,
minimizing obstacles for programmers, and increasing productivity in
the enterprise.

Media & Analyst Contacts:

604.808.6655

--

     Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions
      http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 23:33:01 GMT
 ANNOUNCEMENT: Tcl Dev Kit (New Tcl tool suite based on TclPro)

Quote:

> ActiveState Corp., the leader in open language-based software,
> services, and resources, announces the Tcl Dev Kit 2.0
> <http://www.activestate.com/Products/Tcl_Dev_Kit/more_information.plex>,
> ActiveState's major update to the Tcl toolkit, enabling rapid
> development and delivery of Tcl applications on the HP-UX, Linux,
> Solaris, and Windows platforms.

No Macintosh? Bummer.

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:23:04 GMT
 ANNOUNCEMENT: Tcl Dev Kit (New Tcl tool suite based on TclPro)

Quote:

>> ActiveState Corp., the leader in open language-based software,
>> services, and resources, announces the Tcl Dev Kit 2.0
>> <http://www.activestate.com/Products/Tcl_Dev_Kit/more_information.plex>,
>> ActiveState's major update to the Tcl toolkit, enabling rapid
>> development and delivery of Tcl applications on the HP-UX, Linux,
>> Solaris, and Windows platforms.

> No Macintosh? Bummer.

I agree, one of the great things about tcl was it's cross-platform support.
I'd hate to lose that. Unfortunately I'm a mac user, not a mac developer,
(I always used tcl to write stuff for my mac ;) But if any mac coders could
please please (with sugar on top) help finish up the aqua port of tk It
would
br so appreciated by me (and others I'm sure).

Bruce

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:29:14 GMT
 ANNOUNCEMENT: Tcl Dev Kit (New Tcl tool suite based on TclPro)

:
:>>  enabling rapid
:>> development and delivery of Tcl applications on the HP-UX, Linux,
:>> Solaris, and Windows platforms.
:>
:> No Macintosh? Bummer.
:>
: But if any mac coders could
:please please (with sugar on top) help finish up the aqua port of tk It
:would
:br so appreciated by me (and others I'm sure).

While I agree with Bruce that it would be wonderful to have more Mac
developers working on Tcl and Tk, unfortunately that wouldnt help here -
since Tcl and Tk are just a small portion of the Tcl Dev Kit.  Some of it
is a proprietary branch of the TclPro project at sf.net - and that project
needs its own set of developers, since it appears that no changes or
enhancements have been made to it for a while.

--
Tcl'2002 Sept 16, 2002, Vancouver, BC http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2002/

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:44:36 GMT

1. ActiveState Webcast: Tcl Dev Kit - Beyond TclPro, Thursday Sept 5th

2. Announcement: New Unified Modeling Language design tool with Tcl interface

3. TclApp (TCL Dev Kit 8.4.11.0.162119) and Iwidgets

4. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState releases Tcl Dev Kit 3.2

5. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState releases Tcl Dev Kit 3.0

6. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState releases Tcl Dev Kit 3.0 Beta 1

7. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState Tcl Dev Kit v2.5 Release

8. ANNOUNCE: Tcl Dev Kit 2.5 beta 2 Now Available

9. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState releases Tcl Dev Kit 2.5 Beta 1

10. ANN: ActiveState releases Tcl Dev Kit 2.5 Beta 1

11. ANNOUNCE: ActiveState Releases Tcl Dev Kit 2.1

12. Using Tcl/Tk for a suite of tools